Thread: Unit costs and training times

I just started a new campaign, Enlish, Conquest, Early period on Normal, V1.1 patch. My units cost much more and take longer to build than they should, according to the stats I've seen online. For example, Spearmen cost 300 and take 2 years. In a previous game, they cost 250 and took 1 year to build. What gives? What factors influence unit cost and traing times?

it sounds like you are using larger than default unit size. Larger unit sizes cost more and take longer to build.
    - All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Hello galanti and welcome to the Entrance Hall

Me thinks Exile has the answer to your question.
    This space intentionally left blank

You boys are right, I realized this about a minute ago. That's something the manula was unclear about. Thanks

While, I've got you here, is there anything I can do to slow the battle speed down just a bit? It's not too fast to control, but even at the lowest speed setting it seems somewhat arcadish.

I dont know how to slow the battles any more than the lowest setting, but I use the 'P' (pause) key regularly during a battle to sort things out and give orders to units. That may help you.
    - All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke