Thread: D3D Probs since MTW

hi there, guess IŽll have to post here rather than in the Apothecary...

Topic pretty much says it all, since I installed MTW i cant play any other games requiring D3D. Im running win xp pro, gf2 mx, directx 8.1, detonator 41.xx beta (didnt work with 40.xx either). I was able to play Hitman2 before, but after running MTW it says D3D: Device not found. same for James Bond Nightfire demo and HL-CS. Other games probably too, didnt check yet. anyone know something? thx

Greetings and welcome to the Org Jin-Roh. Posting here is fine.

Your problem is quite a switch from the norm. You can't play any of the other games listed since you installed MTW? Does MTW play? MTW is the only thing you've installed since you started having this problem with the other games?

I've posted your problem in the Apothecary here: D3D Problem
    This space intentionally left blank

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Q,
    do the other games work after you reboot and before you try to play medieval?

try reboot and immediately play Hitman2
    let us know the result
    B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

I installed MTW and Hitman at the same time. i was playing hitman some days just fine, then took a break with mtw 1.0, where i had the resolution change bug, but fixed it with nv refresh tool.
    going back to hitman gave me the d3d error, before installing refresh tool as well as after.

The solution was pretty simple, just ran dxdiag and switched d3d back on. pretty strange though, running mtw mustve caused it since i did nothing else unusual.

now i have mtw 1.1 and it doesnt switch anymore. maybe it was caused by 1.0, or by running mtw for the first time at all, dont know. but its all ok now, thx for the help.

Thumbs up

At least you are fixed up now.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Topic pretty much says it all, since I installed MTW i cant play any other games requiring D3D. Im running win xp pro, gf2 mx, directx 8.1
    I am not sure if that card fully supports DX8.1 anyway. I have GF2 GTS and I cannot not notice that the newer games have problems displaying textures properly (Arx Fatalis, BloodRayne

@smok: i know, but atm Im plannig my next system anyway, because with my current one one I have no hope to play these kick-@$$ shooters like splinter cell, breed, halo, doom3, far cry, etc. etc. . And, who knows, maybe Ill even need it for Rome Total War, which is gonna be complete 3D and MoCapŽed, but with the same mass battles, sooo...

I don't know... By that time you will probably be able to get GF10 already

...with 1 GB of onboard RAM.