Thread: Province where King is crowned and elected

Thumbs down

When your king dies, the heir becomes the new King and is crowned in a particular province. Now, it seems that the selection of which province is at random? The king DOES NOT appear in the province where the heir is.

The problem is that if for example I'm fighting in Antioch, the new King is elected in Castille - and the loyalty in 70% of the provinces is red - and a hundred rebellions occur, hence I am totally out most times.

Is there any way to make sure the King is elected in a particular province?

Tera.

P.S.

Thanks for the quick promotion, btw

The Order of Kenchikuka

No ideas?

The Order of Kenchikuka

I'm not 100% sure this is the answer, but my kings always turned up in the most developed and therefore most rich province.

ie when I played the turks the kings always appeared in constantinople (took it from byz) .... played german they popped out in flanders (took it from france).... played italy they kept on coming back to venice... other campaigns etc likewise.

but one thing for sure, the heirs will come out in a province where the king resides

ideas anyone?

Luck Often Comes if Courage Holds

erm well when im englis hand my king dies the new one always seems to go to wessex....
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

I never even bothered to ask such a question, and a good one it is. Unfortunately I can't even get to my SP campaign to look into such things.

Thanks for the compliment Tera, but in fact, promotions have slowed in the past week. I'm hoping to correct that come Monday.
    This space intentionally left blank

I've only played the English and the Danes so far and in the first case the new king always appears in Wessex and in the latter, Denmark. Perhaps these are assumed to be the 'Capital' territories? Otherwise I would guess they appear by the largest Castle or Palace in your kingdom.
    Your jest shall savour but a shallow wit
    when thousands more weep than did laugh at it

- Henry V

Master G: the longer you wait, the sweeter the reward

As to the topic, IMO it is the most developed province, which usually means that it will be the one that the first king shows up in, since it already is the most upgraded one...

Playing the Byzatines, my new emperor always pops up in Constantinople. It's my most developed province by the way. Does this really solve the question? Nope, but it's a little bit info to help out.

I'm pretty sure it's the most developed province, economic-wise. First, the kings were dropped in Wessex. Then, when I got a trade route going, it went to Aquitane. Then finally, once I developed some farmland in Northumbria (I think it was Northumbria), they dropped in there. So my guess it's most income, but I'm not sure, quite honestly.

-Vert