Thread: Governors

Member Member and another thing....'s Avatar

Question

Are governors more effective when left within their own provinces?

I`ve a couple of governors with high command ability and have used these to command armies, and as such, they can end up quite a way from their origin.

It doesn`t seem to have made any difference to the loyalty of the original provinces or to the income.

well i havent noticed any differance as i use titles mostly to boost morale and other abilities of the generals i need
    Leonidas (Agiad King, 491-480, Killed at Battle of Thermopylae)

When Xerxes wrote again: 'Deliver up your arms,' he wrote back: 'Come and take them.'

He passed the word to his soldiers to eat breakfast in the expectation that they would be having dinner in Hades.

Unhappy

I was also quite curious about it.
    Whether governor is in his region or not seems not matter to income or royalty as you noticed.

But I tend to keep non-command general in his region.
    As he is only good at acumen so that he is not needed in army anyway, also it seems that keep governor in castle makes him get some v&v related to happyness or something like that.

As for me, I wish I knew what's usage of office title like marshal or chancellor. Does it just raise royalty and other ability like command or acumen only?

It would be more interesting if it affects whole faction.
    By the way, I also noticed general who holds both of governor and office title tends to have bad v&v.

Member Member and another thing....'s Avatar

i think it only raises the loyalty of the person receiving the title - command etc only increases from winning battles.

No, it doesn't matter where your governor is until he's 6 feet under.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

well use the titles to reward your best generals to boost them or to steady your wavering generals
    Leonidas (Agiad King, 491-480, Killed at Battle of Thermopylae)

When Xerxes wrote again: 'Deliver up your arms,' he wrote back: 'Come and take them.'

He passed the word to his soldiers to eat breakfast in the expectation that they would be having dinner in Hades.

Welcome to the Entrance Hall kaasbris.

You might try to look at the Table of Contents thread pinned near the top of the Main Hall forum. There is a ton of good information there on all aspects of the game.
    This space intentionally left blank

Wink

Thanks for welcome Gregoshi.

I've read them, which helped me a lot.
    MTM is quite easy at hard setting, so that I am playing at expert now. And royalty matters only in expert setting, as I cannot conquer as many provinces as in hard.

I suspect expert setting was actually standard setting for MTM, as game looks real in expert.

leaving the governor in the provence will defenitly increase loyalty/income it just depends on his traits...ie dread/acumen

i normally leave 2 peasant units in each prov making one of them the governor (very cheap and they not good for much else)............just keep training and disbanding them until u get 1 with good acum :0

i have noticed tho that its only on expert/hard level that the govs to start to make an impact and rebellions are alot less likely

Note: I deleted the second of your double post - Gregoshi

Titels like channelor and grand admiral of the fleet gives bonuses to comand and acumen, also govenorship or kingship may give bonuses to such stats, the king of the romans and the duke of castille recieve +1 command. The vivode of moldavi gets +1 dread, also dread and acumen does not increase with winning battles, well drad can if you keep killing your prisoners, accumen is increased by gaining such virtues.
    And the shadow fell upon the Land, and the world was riven stone from stone... The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.