Thread: Some more ai discussions.

I think, for the most part, the ai in the full campaign is great. It does things based on the abilities of the kings?generals, some good some bad.
    In my last play session I seen two things worthy of mention. The first was when the Almohads, who had been neutral and uneventful for years suddenly launched a small attack on me. I had an emisarry in the same province as their king. On the next turn they moved their king to the one province where I could not land an amphibious invasion. A few yers later they sent an emmisary for peace, after I accepted, he moved back out of his safe spot. Cool.

The other (strange) thing was I took rome from the pope and held it. After many years pressing matters back home made up my mind to abandon the province and focus all my attention on my home region. I destroyed everything but the port left it empty. The strange part is NO ONE moved in. About 20 years went by and no one came to claim it even though when I had it the pope fought(and lost) for it.Are they afraid of me or are they afraid of rebellions?

Question

Well, I can see that if you only have allies around that province, it is safe for some time (read until you become a weak and easy target)...

You would have thought the Pope would have returned though. That is odd.

I had a similar experience with the Almohads. They attacked me, then asked for peace. A few years later they attacked me again. They get no mercy from me anymore.
    This space intentionally left blank

Maybe the Pope was allied with you and no enemy armies could get to the penisula?

for me the italians are my nemisis.

i am playing the turks on hard. have massivly garrisoned choke points at constantinople, egypt and kassar (cant rememeber its proper name its on the black sea.
    so basicly i am impregnable from the the land

i also have a large navy which makes sea invasion immpossible unless the enemy destroys all my ships first.

so everything is going well and i am trying to take my trade to western europe.

the problem is that the italians dont like my ships in their waters and every 4 turns decide to go on a sinking spree. they attack for 1 turn and then go neutral again. only to repeat 4 turns later.

so i have resigned myself to sinking the italian navy and trying to make them lose their empire through spies and religious conversion. (i dont want to invade them cause i would then lose my cool choke point borders.)

suffice to say trying to destroy a faction this way is very difficult.

i wish you could raid provences in mtw. eg come in destroy some buildings and kill off some units and then retreat.
    but you cant cause if you do
    1 of the following happens.

1. if you retreat after killing some enemy units then your general gets good runner.

2. if you decide to totaly destroy the army and win the battle and hense the provence and then retreat. the provence then rebels and produces a loyalist army 2 times bigger than the one you fought to win the provence any way.
    Lord Romulous

Secret Vice
    Sick, Bitter and Twisted.

+3 pervisity +4 cursing +7 to chance of wearing purple pants.