Thought I'd introduce myself to the sword dojo. I've been playing STW since the demo days and have stopped by here often. I have been playing campaigns exclusely but these have become tedious, so last week I ventured into online fighting under the name Yoritomo Asakura. I have enjoyed this experience very much, even though I've lost many battles. I have played against some excellent and honorable taisho and will be online as often as I can (particulalary for team games).
I now have two questions that come to mind as a result of MP:

1. Some missile troops are deploed with the open order button pressed, but appear to be in closed order. Which is their true status?

2. In team games, there seems to be no method to determine (when you join) where you will set up. For instance, if you join last on that side, you might be on a flank or in the center. Someone mentioned here that
clan color determines this, i.e. white is always in the center. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks in advance for your replies. I look forward to more discussions here now that I've broken cover.

A final note: I have encountered many of the fear clan online and have found them to be strong and jovial, but there are so many of them. In the interests of balance I am considering joining RA. (I'll contact Leo.) See you all on the battlefield.

Hoichi the Earless