Thread: Online Play

Hi everyone I bought M:TW about 2 months ago. Unfortunately, I've been abit too busy; Christmas etc., to play it as much as I would like. I did fool around with it, starting campaigns,ending them; just to get a feel for the game. Now I'm in my first real campaign; Biz.,early. Just finished teaching the Egyptians a very harsh lesson. I'm getting the hang of the game. Online play has always interested me, but I've never tried it. I was wondering when did you try M:TW online for the first time? How many campaigns did you complete before you tried M:TW online? Thanks.
    e tu Brute

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Talking

I played my first online game only four days ago. i lost it. i played my second online game two days ago, and won it.

I've played SP campaign since the game came out, and have won maybe three of those. Haven't played all the factions yet.

Well i had the game for a month before i played single player cos i had no modem. then i got a 512k cable one and wooohooo my first ever mp game was mtw and would ya belive it i won my first game.

since i discovered the stats page ive noticed its covered my first 30 games now without any tips etc i would say that 30 games is a noobish level so as a noob i won 50% of them.

however if u want a tip read just a little more

Always always always bring valour not armour or attack but valour, at least 2 and hopefully 4 3 is the average.

seriously fighting ppl who have not brought valour is a walkover and although slightly funny it gets annoying.

Make ur gen a merc calvary unit with 3 valour and keep him away from combat.

do not expect archers to kill a lot of ppl.

THE most important thing though is do not ever quit the battle without either a vry good reason or routing ur army first.

MP is 20 times better than sp just read the manual to see how to join a game and ull avoid alot of flak.

hope that helps

British Army: be the best

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

about 4-5 months ago
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

I play online when time permits, which isn't often. My first MTW online battle was about 2 weeks after I got the game and the next battles were about 2 months later. I've managed to put together a 1 win, 12 loss record (approximate).

Mith keeps asking to come on line so he can get some more easy wins.
    This space intentionally left blank

Gregoshi u know me and u have gotta have a match.

although my time is split between MTW UT2003 and BF1942 i still have the odd 2 hrs of MTW now and then.

hmmm this new keyboard is pretty sweet.

British Army: be the best

Gregoshi routs...
    This space intentionally left blank

I tried Mp just 2 days after getting the game and I had only started my first campaign however what I learned from the two matches (that I lost) was very usefull and helped my delopment as a player both in SP and MP.
    And the shadow fell upon the Land, and the world was riven stone from stone... The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Hoi Julius

i played MP even before my first SP game. I highly recommend MP for the fact that you are playing other people rather than AI. It's a lot of fun not to mention all the fun, interesting people I've met online.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

erm i won my first battle who would know it be a long steam line ahead of wins
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

Thumbs up

I was trying to connect after I had the game for almost two months and completed two campaigns (1 total and one minor victory) but was unable due to some hardware problems. Will try again soon, maybe when I get another campaign done. I am not sure if my modem will be enough, but who knows.

I think that experience is not a factor, if you know how to not get losses to bother you. I was playing AOE2 online constantly, yet was getting a lot of losses at the beginning. You learn as you go I guess…

Do we have some games for newbies like AOE2 had?

Everyone, thankyou for all your replies.
    e tu Brute

I played mutiplayer for the first time three days ago. After stuggling with gamespy and reentering my CDkey many times, I got into a game. I didn't do that bad concidering the bloody mess I made of my troop's position and my troops. I kept trying to pause the game and issue orders.

The second game I was slaughtered. Baddly. My entire army ran 30 seconds into the game. I keep meaning to try mutiplayer again but I barely have time for just single player let alone mutiplayer.

Korror