I've been reinstalling some of the older games that I've owned onto my pc that I bought this past summer (specs below). I'm having graphics problems with Shogun. Whenever I'm on the battlefield, there are graphical spikes that appear wherever I point my mouse cursor. I don't know the technical term for these spikes except to say that they look like lightning bolts all over the screen.
I know that Shogun does not officially support XP Pro. But I don't think that is the problem because I was able to get this game to run on my old system running XP Pro (PIII 1000, Geforce 2 Ultra, SB Live 5.1 Gamer).
I'm guessing that it might be either my GeForce 4 card and the newer 40.72 dets or the Pentium 4.
I was using the 12.9x dets on my old system to run this game and I remember that it initially would not run on the older 7.xx det drivers.
At any rate, I'm not going to go back to any older drivers just for this game. But I'm wondering if there is anything else I can check for to get rid of my graphics problem.
Is there anybody else out there with XP Pro/P4/GeForce 4 running Shogun smoothly??

Thanks in advance,
ST