Thread: How many reappearing factions in one year!?

I have only had MTW since Xmas so don't laugh if I say I am only on my 5th campaign, this one being the Almoheads on easy, early, conquest.

I have taken over the entire map except for Scotland and Ireland. Scotland will be easy to conquer as I have plenty of men in Northumbria, but Ireland will take a while to solve as I am 30,000 florins in debt, 5 ships (all currently in the Egypt area), and the nearest port is Sweden. No problem then, only a matter of time.....

Suddenly in ONE YEAR, despite all the provinces affected having at least loyalty of 170% because of very low taxes plus garrison and being owned by me for years and years, there have been reappearing factions all over the map The HRE in 5 provinces at once, France in 2, Turkish in 3, Hungarians in 2, Byzantines in 2, Egyptians in 1, Rebels in 11 other provinces dotted around the map (959 men in Sinai&#33
    Is the AI cheating or what????

Yes. when you have the world in your grasp the game likes to toss you the curveball of massive revolts/uprisings/reappearances.

That is time where I usually declare myself the winner and start my next campaign
    - All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

That's how the game is, IT THINKS on its own It want's you to play it all the time It needs you to survive

This is how the designers wanted you to enjoy the game more: at the moment when you have 1,2,3 provinces left, they wanted to give you some more fun and predestined you to start the game all over again It happens to many of us who go for the total domination. The trick is to go and finish the game quickly, going from over 5 provinces to none ASAP. I do not know what is the safe margin here, but 5 looks OK.

WHen I was going for TD I had civil war on top of your problems, and was left with about 5 loyal provinces... Let's talk bad hair day

Ok, I have to admit to a little rewriting of history, I went back to the last autosave before the 20 odd uprises in one year and just imagined that my king had dreamt the whole thing. He woke up in a cold sweat and subsequently reduced every single province down to very low tax and carried on with the final task, shifting the 6 boats (I found one ship was actually two&#33 up to the Ireland-Sweden run in order to take Ireland. Apart from one minor uprising in province west of Egypt plus the Pope returning in Rome + Papal States for a year I succeeded, by the year 1294 with a final debt of 152,000 florins

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I have found, despite coffers and armies and loyalty, if you start to do bad, ie. lose battles, numerous wars, and yes negative income annually, old factions will rise up again. It's happened to me and iv'e seen it happen to a large AI faction I start to take chunks out of. Civil war despite a blood line can occur for the same reason.
    Silence is beautiful

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

i ve never heard/seen so many factions rise at once before. However the AI behaviour is justified ( they have a better chance to rise in unison) , noreover i like that trying to go for total domination has a high reappearance/rebels factor included to it. its like the game saying ' if you dont have the...stomach to risk everything dont go for it'
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/