Thread: Reinforcements

Question

Is there a way to choose which reinforcement in battle Sometimes i have 10 reinforcements, i withdraw one unit, i need infantry at that moment, but it gives me cavalary.. This may be quite annoying in long battles with the AI, where my army is less in numbers.
    For he today that shed his blood with me, shall be my brother ...

Yes you Select which one you want to take out and then you just keep clicking the reinforcement button until the one you want comes in.

It will automatically go to the front of the unit picture list so dont let that mess you up.

Actually, the ones first in line is the ones u get. U can choose this my setting the order before u enter the battle screen.
    A Raven in heart, forever

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (malkuth @ Jan. 31 2003,09:08)]Yes you Select which one you want to take out and then you just keep clicking the reinforcement button until the one you want comes in.

It will automatically go to the front of the unit picture list so dont let that mess you up.
    That only works before the battle begins, Ryttare has the right idea.

Yeah, before the battle, yes, i can do it. But sometimes it becomes more important to choose the right unit as a reinforcement while the battle continues. I was annoyed by bringing cavalary while the Egyptians bringing camels many times.
    For he today that shed his blood with me, shall be my brother ...

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

This is a quote from the Totalwar.com Vikings Invasion page:

A new pre-battle system that allows you to scout out enemy forces and organise your reinforcements before a battle.

So it would appear that the devs have not only heard our grumblings, but have somewhat addressed them. Kudos CA

Expert Attacker Member oblivious maximus's Avatar

Once the you are engaged in battle,you can`t call an audible on what type of unit to call.

You can only remember the sequence or immediately withdrawl a fresh unit for a hopefully more desirable one.

The way reinforcement works at the moment force me to do something like this:

1. When select troops for battle, go around the reinvofrcement queue to see what is available and in which order;

2. Arrange reinforcement units in group that has a mix of a bit of everything.

3. When fight, I don't commit the entire army, but more like commit a group of 5/6 units at a time, so I can use them in full. When they are exhausted, I withdraw the whole group and replace them with a group of fresh troops.

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters