Thread: Japanese Campaign rocks!

WHo cares about the mongol campaign, I am happy as a dog chomping on a bacon, plahing 1530 campaign. At last, games do not end up me vs. Hordes! Ronins are clans, and act just like the other clans. Therefore, it is a free for all. Of course, ronins do not allign thermselves with other clans... but still, I had a ball laying as Takeda. I am now at 1545. Doing fairly well, holding on to both east and west territories. One interesting touch.... can no longer do save and load, to get better koku! oh well... gotta play legit now.
    Also! I noticed that clans tend not to break alliances as much as before. And... 1530 Oda has got to be the toughest start! Surrounded by enemies, with only one territory to start with! The horrors!

You bet...The Clans are perfectly balanced....And...NO HOJO HORDE!!:D... I won Takeda, Mori and Uesugi all them Hard mode. I lose the Oda..oopppss :)oh well. And are so cool the JNC. The Drill Dojo are very kool too. The upgrade and etc...

EasyCo aka Pachinko
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you on the field of battle, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Quote Originally posted by Pachinko:
    You bet...The Clans are perfectly balanced....And...NO HOJO HORDE!! ... I won Takeda, Mori and Uesugi all them Hard mode. I lose the Oda..oopppss oh well. And are so cool the JNC. The Drill Dojo are very kool too. The upgrade and etc...

EasyCo aka Pachinko
    [/QUOTE]

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you on the field of battle, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear, now i'm running to buy it .
    One question, at what level are you playing? , i.e. is the AI challenging at Expert?
    "Je vous repondrai par la bouche de mes canons"
    -Frontenac
    (I will answer you with the blast of my canons)
    -Trad. libre

I second this. The historical campaigns are also very, very fun.

For me, the AI on eastern clans is challenging at Normal, improved from the original when only Hard was challenging on the eastern clans (I've never had any luck with the westerners)

[This message has been edited by Alastair (edited 08-14-2001).]
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

Quote Originally posted by shokaku76:
    One interesting touch.... can no longer do save and load, to get better koku! oh well... gotta play legit now.
    Also
    [/QUOTE]

I'm playing the 1530 campaign as well. Ain't it grand? I've also noticed that it is very difficult to change a bad harvest by saving and loading. In fact, I don't think I was able to do it, so I gave up on it. The good thing is, there are not nearly as many bad harvests, and the cheap price of mines and farm improvements balances it out.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Who cares about bad harvests? Cheaper and quicker land upgrades make even poor harvests profitable!
    Silence is beautiful

Speaking of the Japanese campaigns, though I haven't tried it: Due to the cheaper and quicker buildings/upgrades the Mori and Oda have quite a nice setup on regular Sengoku Jidai campaigns. The Oda of course have Iga, Omi, and Mino that can have armories. The option to hurry and build WMs at Kii are a tenable goal in a few years. Then there's the Mori. They start with a number of provinces that can support armories. To top it off they're coastal provinces so well armed/armored units being commonplace are a higher possibility.

------------------
    There's no such thing as overkill, just ensured victory!
    Roma Invicta- Rome The Eternal

There's no such thing as overkill, just ensured victory!

Sounds outstanding! I think I would buy the X-pack even if it only had the upgrades to the Japanese campaign....can't wait to grease the palms of some ronin Warrior Monks rather than greasing their naginatas with my troops!