Has anyone had their Battles crash to the desktop.

I spent some time with support yesterday trying to trouble shoot, but it was escalated to development...and I was given a trouble ticket.

Details:

BAttle map will freeze in approx 10 seconds most of the time after I have clicked begin battle button. It seems to correllate with the movement of troops in large numbers. I think that when I've engaged in a battle with 8 or more troops that the battle freezes most often. It will play music for another 10 seconds and then crash.

The only thing updated is the crash.txt file.

The computer I'm using is an AMD 1000mhz chip not overclocked with a VIA chipset MotherBoard. It has 768 MB ram. The Video is a Verto GeForce4 64MB card with the most recent detonator 4109 drivers.

I've reinstalled the sound card drivers which is an OnBoard Soundblaster compatible VIA driver, which I've not found a new driver for. Though I've updated the 4 in 1 drivers for the MB.

I've reproduced this problem at any and every screen resolution. and with 32 and 16 bit resolution too.

NOTE: Sometimes I can engage in battle without crashing to the desktop. It seems as though it is after I've made a change of some effect. Once after I decreased the PCI textures field for the Video card and again after I lowered the screen resolution from 32 to 16 bit did the game not crash in a large battle. however the 2nd or 3rd battle crashed in just 10 seconds.

So, I can get a somewhat of a reprieve, but not much.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have ideas?

A willing player if I can get past this problem.

T.Sr.