Thread: Turks in mp

Smile

what tactics do you guys use for the turks in mp?

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

I usually go archer heavy, Futtuwas, Turcomen, Janitor Infantry backed up by some Heavy Janitors and couple of cav.

Alternatively heavy cavalry with horse archers and turcomen horse, backed up by Heavy janitors and Koolie Cav.

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Blah and assorted comments Member Foreign Devil's Avatar

Janitors, eh? You use them, to, *ahem* mop the floor with your opponents?

I would use a sort of Scorpion-esque strategy.

JANINF JANINF JANINF JANINF
    FutuwwaFutuwwa FutuwwaFutuwwa

JHI JHI JHI JHI

KHWARCAV KHWARCAV KHWARCAV

KHWARCAV
    (General)

Ok what I did was have one pincer, or archer hybrid group start to take potshots at the enemy troops. Usually, the enemy got fed up with this and sent his cav at the group. With micromanaging, I would envelop the cav with the hybrids, causing more cav to follow and give assistance to the trapped cav. During this time I would send the other pincer at the enemy just to stretch him out, but that move is optional. By now, if the enemy had so far done what I'd needed from him, he would have sent his entire army at the trapped cav, giving my JHI and cavalry the opportunity to flank and dispatch the charging mob.

I dont use this strategy anymore because Pav Arbs kept ruining my day.

"Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Warmest welcome to The Dragon

I don't thinks I've use the Turks online, but it probably wouldn't be much different than for any other faction. I call it the Chicken Dance - a finely orchestrated ballet of chaos followed by my men fleeing the battlefield.
    This space intentionally left blank

Smile

thanks for the welcome gregoshi

A simple strategy which works well with the Turks in MP is to pick an Inf heavy army, with good hth abilities.

3 Saracen Inf
    3 Muwahid OR Ghazis
    3 Heavy Janitor Inf
    3 Janitor Inf
    2 Turcoman
    2 Siphai OR Khwarzimirians

Have the Saracens hold centre, with the 3 Muwahid/Ghazi on your least important flank and the Heavy Janitors on the other flank. Screen this infantry line with your regular Janitor Inf.

If on the defence let your army sit and wait while you toss your Turcoman at the enemy and probe/harrass him throughout his approach. If you've taken Siphai as well, some of the less disciplined european cav (and a not so diligent player) will often let them break off and chase your Turcoman around. Hit them with the Siphai and cut to pieces.

European opponents will often bring long lines of Pav arbs, if at all possible, use the Turcoman again to disorganise his deployment of these and while buzy you move your inf heavy army to engage. There is no way a Turk army will want to sit and duke it out with a line of Pav arbs. When close enough halt your Jan Inf, while the rest of your inf line moves to engage. Watch out for cav flanks and in turn use your Siphai to flank. The Heavy Janitors will usually clean up their flank quickly enough, so using your cav on that flank might enable you to roll up the opponent and rout his army in on itself.

With this setup you won't be a pushover in any case

GL & HF

Jan Inf Jan Inf Jan Inf
    Muwahid x 3 Saracen Inf x 3 Heavy Jan x 3

Turcoman Siphai x 2 Turcoman

PS I recommend you use either a Heavy Janitor or a Siphai as your General Unit. I prefer to use a Heavy Jan myself.
    {RVN}Vandal - Boyar of Clan Raven

Never disturb an enemy when he is making a mistake

thank you all for the replies

Janissary Heavy Infantry seems to be the key for the faction. Other than that, a combo of small spear units (unless you feel like using Saracens, I don't usually) and some cav. They've got good missle units, so unless you plan to take Horse Archers or Turcomans, best strategy is to shoot and go, don't take too much time vs Arbs.

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Have you been playing long dragon ?

And BTW welcome
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

not really, i have brought the game only few days ago, i am still playing sp with the turks on medium difficulty.