Thread: Almughavars

Question

Anyone use Almughavars before, are they good, are they spearmen type?? Faqs said they are @ aragon, but For some reason i have never ever seen them before

It's a mercenary unit that supposedly turns up around the mediteranean.

Supposedly vicious, deadly men with Javelins for throwing and spears for defense. Their statistics are that of a fast shock troop, and they are given the bonuses of a spear unit when facing cavalry.

I am an MP guy. I havent faced them, but I have read their stats.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Lightbulb

I have hired them a couple of times in Inns, but I think it was far up norht, like Lithuania. I don't remmeber if that was pre-patch though, maybe now, if at all, they can only be hired around the Mediterranean....
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Apparently they are only available in Aragon and then they mostly appear when it is in a low state of development. They then appear arround the map relative to where the Aragonese dismiss them.