Thread: Modding Question - BIF files

Hello Everyone... Bf 109K here...I'm new to the forum... I have been reading a lot of everyone's posts regarding modding and have learned a great deal... however I have a straightforward question regarding modding the lbm and bif files. I can change the lbm files no problem and they work fine... but I have used RSW v22a program for modding bif files and while it seems to overwrite the bif over the old, when I run the game there are black lines in the review panel icon for the overwritten bif file that are not supposed to be there. Is there a way to modify and overwrite the bif files w/o these annoying black line distortions from appearing??? they do not even show up on the bif file when I open it... is there something I'm overlooking?

If this post could be sent to the dungeon that would be very helpful too guys :-D
    MK

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Hello Bf109k , we're glad you have joined in the fun. I'll send this over to the Dungeon for you.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Isnt Bf109k the designation of one version of the German Messerschmidt Fighter?

Uh I don't know much about bif files...
    {RVN}Vandal - Boyar of Clan Raven

Never disturb an enemy when he is making a mistake

yes the Bf 109 was a German fighter designed by Willy Messerschmitt... also known as the Me 109 due to the company name change... ;-)
    MK

Thanks a lot for posting the file Hosakawa... big help
    MK