Thread: Greetings from a newb and question

Cool

Greetings from good old Germany to this famous site

Regarding M:TW I recently encountered a problem in the game: I installed XP over my old W2K and just set the link to the exe file without reinstalling the game. Now when I play a new campaign (doesn't matter if English, French or Spanish, always Early Age) I have the problem that I cannot produce anything better than archers. Otherwise every unit works correctly, but even if you have a bowyers guild or better I cannot produce Xbows or better. Bug? Or just plainly reinstall? TIA for help

Greetings
    In case of doubt, attack.

Hi there,

you might look in the Table of Contents for help. Most FAQs are there. But considering your question, it seems you are using the v1.1 patch, where advanced missile troops can't be produced before the year is 1205 (end of early period). This is not a bug, but a feature. Crossbows weren't available in the early ages...
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Thumbs up

Oh that might explain it. I updated from 1.0 to 1.1 and I am still around 1194 IIRC . Thanks a lot
    In case of doubt, attack.

Hello Friedrich and welcome to the Org. Me thinks Brutal has nailed the answer.

BTW, the State Department travel advisory on France was hysterical. Where did you find that?
    This space intentionally left blank