Thread: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

invalied CD key....now I cant get online, nor can I play orginal shogun with out taking MI out...help. i meant to do a frown not a smiley on the post o well.

[This message has been edited by MSAMiniKiller (edited 08-15-2001).]
    1.so sad too bad bye-bye.

2.With one Tiger you still have a chance for your life, with two Tigers...well...with two you had better start praying...hard. (Quote by TigerWolfHybrid memebr of the Twin Tigers clan...thats me!)

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by MSAMiniKiller:
    invalied CD key....now I cant get online, nor can I play orginal shogun with out taking MI out...help. i meant to do a frown not a smiley on the post o well.

[/QUOTE]

Did you type in the dashes? Make sure you type in the dashes...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

yes itreid with then with out eitehr way...nothing...

2.With one Tiger you still have a chance for your life, with two Tigers...well...with two you had better start praying...hard. (Quote by TigerWolfHybrid memebr of the Twin Tigers clan...thats me!)

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

What do you mean you cant play original shogun without taking MI out...?
    You mean you have to uninstall the x-pack to play the original?

Did you get Warlords Edition or just the Mongol Invasion? If MI, why not try using either CD keys you have: try first with the MI key, and then with the original STW key if the MI key does not work. Can't say it will help, but its worth a try. I got WE and I've never had a problem so far getting online with either version...

Perhaps someone at EA could answer this better. Or try posting your problem to Erado... perhaps he has insights gained from other similar complaints...?

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

i have MI and i cant play the original shogun w/o uninstalling MI becasue it says please insert the rite cd and click try again so...help...

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Mini,

Sounds like you installed MI into the same directory and folder that the original game was in. If you want to keep them separate, you'll need to install if to a different directory.

I picked up WE so it defaulted to a WE file structure within the Total War Folder. From what you're saying, my guess is that MI doesn't do that, it just overwrites the existing files. If that's the case, all you should need to do would be to re-install the original and make sure you re-name the folder that it's installing to (something like TotalWarOriginal).

Whatever the case, this belongs over in the Tech Support Forum.

------------------
    Obake

I warned you, but did you listen? Ohh, no...it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

so simply click re-install then rename the directory and the orginal shogun will work again?

well i re installed it, nothing i still cant play shogun its still updated to the mongols, should i unistall and install Shogun and the mongols all over again in different directories? also are these directories ok

C programfiles/totalwar/shogun-totalwar
    C programfiles/totalwar/shogun-totalwar-themongolinvasion

thx

MSA,post interesting,seems to me alot of people having this problem! Knowing my luck will have same probs will look closely at this thread for advice!

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

That should do it Mini. When I installed WE, it created a new folder called Warlord Edition.

So what I ended up with was similar to what you suggested:

C:\programfiles\totalwar\shogun-totalwar
    C:\programfiles\totalwar\shogun-totalwar-warlord edition

I would try uninstalling the game and re-installing from scratch. Check to see if MI has an uninstaller that will leave you with what you had before you started first. I would also suggest doing a full install if you have the disk space for it.

------------------
    Obake

I warned you, but did you listen? Ohh, no...it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Many people already have this problem.. check out http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000391.html
    this is where even has been reporting about it, and hopefully we'll get an answer from EA soon

I wil ltry Obake's idea with the warlord edtition folder tongiht...and will look at the link now. thx i will report back.

Bear in mind that there's no guarantee that what I've suggested will work. It's just an idea I had based on what I've seen on my box and what I've heard/read here and at the .com forum.

Whether it works or not Mini, let us all (and Erado in particular) know!

------------------
    Obake

Obake

ok I will hmm it seems that people with the WE got a seperate folder and the online works fine BUT the people you got the plain x-pack gets a different design..mayeb the discs are different?

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

This should be in Tech Support. Thread moved.
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

attila has the same problem invalid cd key he just has the mongol invasion i dont think they have been activated yet :-(

swoooooooooshoooooooowl

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha