Thread: Concerning my Avatar...

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Question

Whomever may respond,

My post count will soon qualify me for the Man at Arms avatar. The problem here is that I rather like the Mercenary avatar. Is it possible for me to retain my current avatar until I get to choose my own? I am aware that there is a reason for people being able to choose their avatars only after they have posted 500 times. I respectfully remind the moderators, however, that I am not choosing an avatar. I am asking to keep the avatar that has been chosen for me until such time as I can make the choice myself.

A.M(D.O.L)

The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

I don't think we can do that. That would require intervention by Tosa. If we let you do it, then everyone else will want to do something similiar and we head down the slippery slope and Tosa spends all day customizing avatars.

The workaround is to make about 475 posts in one day (maybe two) and then you can set your avatar back to the Mercenary almost immediately. Sorry, Demon - you can smack me now.
    This space intentionally left blank

You could always re-register every time you hit Man-at-Arms... You would wind up having up to 20 accounts at mercenary level until you could pull a Monsta and have them merged into a 500-post account. You then could choose the mercenary avatar.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Thanks for the idea Kongamato. I'll consider it carefully.

San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Hmmm... interesting idea. Still trying to decide...
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

actualy once you hit 500 posts, you can pick your own avatar from the list, i'm sure the man at arms avatar is available on the list, that might be the easiest way to get it...

edit: i just changed min to musadmiral 100 and it appears to match the mercanary one... now all you gotta do is hit 500...

To further elaborate from what I feel maybe Jay had overlook, what he mean is 500 post with quality contents not spams
    A Member of Clan SG

"水无常形,兵无常势"

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lechev @ Feb. 22 2003,13:19)]To further elaborate from what I feel maybe Jay had overlook, what he mean is 500 post with quality contents not spams
    you can hope m8, but theirs no telling, i personally think i did good, about 98% of mine are valid..

their are a few i'd like to tag spamnoy's and give them the honorary avatar, that they cant change...

how bout that as avatar for our favorite spammers...lol

Yo Jay, I can't agree more...LOL anyway, maybe you can change that rules by giving those spammers the spamnoy avatar once you bcom a mod? Muahahahaha...sorry can help it.
    btw, the avatar looks kinda cool...
    A Member of Clan SG

"水无常形,兵无常势"

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello Demon of Light,

The code to display avatars has been changed a bit. The code is small and a couple of things are fixed. Your request sounds reasonable, can and will be granted.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Legitimate Businessman Member Teutonic Knight's Avatar
    My legitimate mansion bought with legitimate monies.

Quote[/b] (jayrock @ Feb. 23 2003,03:38)]
    Quote[/b] (Lechev @ Feb. 22 2003,13:19)]To further elaborate from what I feel maybe Jay had overlook, what he mean is 500 post with quality contents not spams
    you can hope m8, but theirs no telling, i personally think i did good, about 98% of mine are valid..

their are a few i'd like to tag spamnoy's and give them the honorary avatar, that they cant change...

how bout that as avatar for our favorite spammers...lol
    he he he he he *sneaks up behind jayrock and steals new avatar* (leaves can of spam behind) *jayrock turns around*
    *Jayrock slips on spam left on ground by me*

hehehehehehehe................................

Well, well. You heard it from the Man himself. A pretty nice guy, isn't he?
    This space intentionally left blank

Tosa Inu,

Many thanks for honoring my request.

Demon of Light