Thread: Gnome's Unit prod/Building editor

Question

Just got this wonderfull tool, and needed some clarification. Within, it states on many data entries (unitproduction file) that the entry is linked to something or other, and the data should be edited there. Specificaly I am wondering about the combat stats (melee, defence, armour, etc) If I change it within the Gnome Editor, will the changes take, or must I change them somewhere else? It seems that regardless of if the change takes, it will not update the unit description in the game. (where it gives info such as very good attack, irresistable charge, etc.) So if the changes will work, is there a file where the info for the unit description is located? I have searched within the game, and on the forums, but found nada. Much thanks for any help
    Many people prove that in their lifetime, they have learned much. It is unfortunate that all to often, stupidity was the teacher.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Just go right ahead with changing stats. What they mean by linked to another file is the Excel file CA used/uses to make units. The crusaderprod file is simply the result of that Excel.

CBR

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Go ahead and make the changes then click the save as button and the reworked stats will be saved to the file and ready to play...
    Taking life one day at a time!

Wink

Thanks Now I can go back in and break the game with confidence Im glad I was directed to the wealth of knowledge that is The Org

Hmm. Another thing that puzzled me was the Prefered Rows column. By name, it would seem this is the ideal number of ranks to deploy the unit with, but many units have this as 10. (especially with sword equipped forces, where frontage is all that matters...) Does this have some other (or no) meaning?
    Many people prove that in their lifetime, they have learned much. It is unfortunate that all to often, stupidity was the teacher.

These rows I believe have to to do with the max number of rowsper formation and the rank bonus the unit can receive for combat i.e. 4 rows of spears is max for effectivness and bonuses logic would dictate anything over the preffered amount would have a negative impact

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

FORMATIONS_PREFERRED_NUM_ROWS means how many ranks the unit will be in as default (standing in line) when a battle start. I dont see many units with 10 though..3-5 is the normal.

NumSupportingRanks is how many ranks that can give support.

CBR

Talking

I see. I had pratorian 1.2 installed, and I guess that set the rows to 10 for many of the units. (Never made the connection that in army deployment, they were in 10x10 boxes....

Thanks again for the help

Greetings to the great Baron von Beer. I thought I felt a draft when you entered. Thanks for tapping the keg of knowledge we have here. I see you are attempting to home brew your own mods. Just in case you get frustrated, don't get bitter too, as that is a hard pilsner to swallow. Just lager in to the Org and tell us what ales you. You can bet your Heineken, Bud, that we beer at the Org will Fosters good discussion and, of Coors, provide you with an Amstel to your question.

This space intentionally left blank

LOL good stuff GregoshiI was beguinness to laugh uncontrollably Bud I weised up .

Lightbulb

La risa todo usted quiere, pero pronto mi ejército leal de cerveza será aflojado e intoxica todo que se para antes. ¡Entonces, tendré la CORONA, el MUNDO ¡Para él que controla la cerveza...... controla el mundo

Oh, pardon my outburst.... funny... I don't even SPEAK Spanish..