Thread: I AM FILLED WITH RAGE!!!!!!

I am sure that many of you have had problems when dealing with multi-player. My problem is that my CD-Key is incorrect and I haven't recieved any help.

NOW believe me that I have tried gazillion of different combinations and it still sais that the CD-Key is invalid.

I have contacted many people, but I haven't recieved any help. Yesterday I have e-mailed to Activision, if they could send me another CD-Key. Guess what response I have received. Here it is:

Make sure that the CD Key you entered into the CD KEY section matches the exact
    one that came with your game (You should enter the CD Key in all caps.) You must
    press the Enter key after entering your CD Key or it will not be set.

Also clicking on the CD Key field will result in the current CD Key being
    removed in which case you must enter it again. Make sure if you click this field
    you re-enter your entire CD Key.

Verify that your GameSpy account information is correct.

That's the exact response that I have received few months ago. I would like to shout into to this guy's ear: I have done it gazillion times you idiot

Than they're saying that my account is wrong. There is no way that my account could be wrong. I have even changed my screen name from R*O*C*K*Y into JANOSIK, because this * wouldn't comply at the log in screen.

I am so pissed off

I think I am just going to ask for my money back. $40 is a lot where I come from. Especially if I am getting this service.

JANOSIK, can you reply back to the guy who sent you that email? Or is it a generic support address?

If you have access to a scanner, you could offer to send them a scan of the CD key on your jewel case (or manual) to prove you have a legitimate copy. When Mongol Invasions was released, the CD key database was screwed up and many of us had invalid CD keys. EA support (remember them?) had us scan the front and back of the CD case (with CD key) and scan the CD itself and email the scans to them. They then issued us a new CD key.

You could try that approach with them. If not, email me - I've got another idea.

This space intentionally left blank

So what happened to the many customers with no scanner in that instance??
    Many people prove that in their lifetime, they have learned much. It is unfortunate that all to often, stupidity was the teacher.

well r u including the - - - thingys and capitals and replacing o's with zeros 0's

u never know

British Army: be the best

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Eat Cold Steel a CA programmer had this to say in the Dungeons Faq concerning cd keys Apparently it is all caps and zeros not O's as in the letter Omaybe this will help look for the post in the dungeons faq
    Taking life one day at a time!

Thumbs up

HI JANO

I had same problem as u when i started MP gaming.
    I solved it by replacing o with 0(zeros).
    And then use only caps letters.

Hope we meet on battlefield

First of all, I would like to thank you for showing your concern.

Believe me I have tried using O, o, and 0, caps no caps, dashes no dashes, hitting enter not hitting enter. Basically I need a new CD-Key.

The site that I wrote to was a generic Activision support site. And before I don't remember whom did I wrote to.

Another problem is that I don't have a functional Scanner.

I am very frustrated at this point.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

I suggest you take it back for exchange (if purchased at a store.) Explain to the store that the game won't accept the CD Key (perhaps there is a flaw in the CD burn or a mismatch of CD and key.) If you ask for an exchange they should be willing to do it since the blame is on defective media. (You might even try doing the install on a machine in the store to see if the CD key works there. There is a even a possibility that your CDROM won't read it properly for some reason.) On your machine once you have new CD, try uninstall and reinstall with the new CD and new code.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The site that I wrote to was a generic Activision support site. And before I don't remember whom did I wrote to.
    You sent the initial question to a generic support address, but their response should be from a real person (according to their support site), i.e., you could reply back to the email address on their solution and get the same person. Be courteous and explain that you have already tried their suggestions and several more found at other MTW fan sites, but nothing has worked. Ask them what you should do next. Make it clear you like the game and want to play it online, but your CD key problem is causing you much frustration.

Assuming you bought the game at a store and still have the receipt, you could try Red Harvest's suggestion. Take it back to the store and tell them your problem. Then ask them if you can exchange your bad copy for a new copy of the game.

Your last ditch hope, if you care to pursue the TW games after this experience, is to wait for Viking Invastions. If it is like Mongol Invasions/WE, you will get a new CD key.

Good luck. Keep us posted on your success/failure as it will help us should some one else have the same problem.

Check the site for a toll-free phone number. A phone call alot of times is easier to get help.
    Dimeolas

According to the Activision support site, emails are given priority over phone calls. They say you are more likely to get a quicker response from an email than a phone call. Email them again - who wants to listen to 4 hours of elevator music interrupted every 30 seconds with the message You call is important to us. Please hold on the line....

Quote[/b] (Red Harvest @ Mar. 13 2003,11:16)]I suggest you take it back for exchange (if purchased at a store.) Explain to the store that the game won't accept the CD Key (perhaps there is a flaw in the CD burn or a mismatch of CD and key.) If you ask for an exchange they should be willing to do it since the blame is on defective media. (You might even try doing the install on a machine in the store to see if the CD key works there. There is a even a possibility that your CDROM won't read it properly for some reason.) On your machine once you have new CD, try uninstall and reinstall with the new CD and new code.
    I am not sure they're going to accept to exchange the game since I bought it almost a year ago.

Thumbs up

Hej Janosik.

Mialem ten sam problem, i okazalo sie ze robilem cos zle przy wpisywaniu... jednak. Wiem ze probowales, ale trzeba przyznac ze ten caly CD Key nie jest najprzyjemniejszy w obsludze.... Ja o ile dobrze pamietam mialem problem z tym ENTER po wpisaniu....

OK Guys, I just said to him what I think about the whole situation

I feel for you, i couldn't play multi shogun cause you need a clan name and password. Every single clan password on earth was taken
    "talking poo is where I draw the line"-Eric Cartman
    Long live the resistance.

well id read the back of the manual and oh dear i just read that, thats not very good at all.

what i was going to say is send it to there customer services dept. and say the cd key isnt right and they should hopefully have returned it.

EA replaced my Battlefield 1942 cd 1 for only 7 pounds and sent a new dvd case along with it, guess CA's support aint as good.

British Army: be the best

Quote[/b] (SmokWawelski @ Mar. 14 2003,15:39)]Hej Janosik.

Mialem ten sam problem, i okazalo sie ze robilem cos zle przy wpisywaniu... jednak. Wiem ze probowales, ale trzeba przyznac ze ten caly CD Key nie jest najprzyjemniejszy w obsludze.... Ja o ile dobrze pamietam mialem problem z tym ENTER po wpisaniu....

OK Guys, I just said to him what I think about the whole situation
    Don't worry guys he wasn't swearing.
    I do uderstand Polish pretty good.
    Why? Because I am of Slavis origin, duh.

But, anyways back to the problem.

I'll try exchanging MTW at Best Buy.

Cool

well maybe this might be silly but did you check out your gamespy account;login@hostname.com? cause it happened to me and it was the account that was wrong and not the CD key. If not sorry

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

IT'S TIME THEY LESSON US: WE WANT A MP CAMPAIGN FOR ROME TOTAL WAR

Best Buy won't exchange my game, because they have 30 day exchange and return policy.