Thread: The \"Great Wall\" in Totomi

I'm not very experienced in multiplayer online play, but I was very startled to see the horizon-to-horizon "Great Wall of China" in the on-line version of the Totomi map.

I haven't heard anyone else mention this. Is it new with the WE? Are there other variations between the single-player and multi-player maps??

BTW, is there only the one gate in this thing?
    (I didn't take the time to actually travel to the horizons to check... my online opponent would not have appreciated it... or maybe he would have since I was supposed to be the attacker.

ummmmmm? Want my MI?to have a look;SORRY!

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

What? I'll have to look later on. I knew there were going to be changes to some of the old maps, but this is a little weird.

------------------
    Disappear into the Darkness!!
    "If your soul is imperfect, living will be difficult." -- Ryo Hayabusa, DOA2

"Hey, why are the enemy throwing their cookware at us?" *KABOOM* -- Thunderbomber sneak attack!

heheheh maybe the next will have the EIFFEL TOWER in, or th LIBERTY STATUE in! jejjej THE GREAT WALL in JAPAN!?!?!??!?!?!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it

Skull -- the "Great Wall" term is just mine... it does LOOK sort of Japanese in design, but it does seem to run from horizon to horizon.

Ok, so let's call it the "Great Wall of Totomi"

haha, did it have any gates/openings ?

seeing as you were the attacker i think someone tried to pull a smart one on you

------------------
    I'm a man... I can change... If I have to...
    ...I guess...

... since there has never been any wall on Totomi and there isn't one in the 'new' game either

------------------
    I'm a man... I can change... If I have to...
    ...I guess...

Gifted Dilettante Member DragonCat's Avatar

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the battles are much more difficult on 4th K now as well- mostly due to the outdoor bistros. Those waiters play hell with cavalry charges throught he tables and chairs and what not.

This is my way of saying "what great wall"
    Someone shouldn't party and play shogun at the same time.

------------------
    DragonCat
    "On the prowl . . . ."
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!

JayDee -- It's entirely possible somebody hoodwinked me, since I **am** an on-line newbie. (If so, he did a DANG good job of it! His on-line chat seemed to also indicate surprise at the wall's existence, and he also seemed to be a newbie.) I think we played two quick friendly games with small-koku armies. I simply forget the other guys on-line name.

As I stated earlier, there was one gate visible. It looked like the wall you would see in a castle battle, but it stretched frm horizon to horizon and the two player initial positions were on opposite sides.

OK, so here's a newbie question:
    Does the guy "hosting" the game get to spoof the map? I thought **I** had to have a copy of the map on my system or it just wouldn't work??? If I grab a map with a well-known name, fiddle it with the map editor and save into the same map name, can I too deliver wierd surprises to my on-line opponents???

So I guess I am still fishing for an answer:
    Has anyone else seen it?
    ... or will some clever perp step up and admit the fraud???

Best answer will be in the edits/mods forum. I think you are right, you both have to have the map.

Even if not, then as soon as your two computers came to different conclusions about the map it would crash.

This is a total puzzlement and so far the best explanation is that it didn't happen.
    ;-)

------------------
    DragonCat
    "On the prowl . . . ."
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!

Cat --
    Re: "...so far the best explanation is that it didn't happen..."

Yeah, I was afraid that might be the response here when I originally posted my questions. On-line it was so odd and unexpected that I soon went to make a custom battle to take another look at that map. When I didn't find the wall I was mightily puzzled, thus my posting here.

Is it perhaps possible that there is another map somewhere in the standard distribution with such a feature, and I have somehow garbled the names ???

Oh... about your troublesome waiters: I think you can get them out of the way by having your flankers yell "Garcon!" loudly on the flanks.

I know YOU are joking, but I swear I'm not.

Mystery solved ... and the joke is on me as expected.

I hunted through the available maps and found it. The "Great Wall" exists in the map named "Odawara (Toyotomi)" and not "Totomi".

Hey, "Toyotomi" ... "Totomi" ... what's a "yo" or two between friends???

(That's what I get for letting a day go by before looking for it!)

Glad you found the answer.

One of the most interesting things about a forum is the wild hares people chase after.

When you eliminate the impossible, what is left is the truth, no matter how improbable.

Which is why I said the best answer is "it never happened" and so it is.

And I got to be funny while being right ;-)

Hope to see you online in battle for some real fun! And glad to see you have a sense of humor and the perserverance to get to the correct answer!

------------------
    DragonCat
    "On the prowl . . . ."
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!