Thread: Playing the Early campaign

I have seen posts that talk about getting units like Chivalric Knights and Longbows in the early campaign but I have never seen these units in anything other than the late or high campaigns. I have all the highest level buildings but I can't produce these units. Could someone tell me how to get these units in early without a mod.
    All aboard the crapdragon express

I think pre-patch you could build longbows & billmen early.

In version 1.1 you will have to pic them up as mercs if you want them in the early period. There is however no guarantee what type of mercs will visit your inns.

As the English in the Early campaign, you can get a few units of Longbow by bribing the rebels in Wales.
    The state which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools – Thucydides

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Yep, units like Longbows and chiv knights are high. As Godfrey pointed out, bribing the longbowmen in wales is a good idea, it's easier than fighting and gives a great advantage against the French.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Totally off topic here but I like that avatar BKS is it custom I have not seen it on the list before? very nice
    Taking life one day at a time!

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

No it's not custom. It's from the VI screenshots on .com. Tosa must have added it to the .Org. Thanks for the compliment (It's the third today )
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.