Thread: Turcopolus?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

On the sheet it says you need a inn in Tripoli to get them, but somehow they have never showed up on the hire mercenary screen. Am I doing something wrong? (and are they any good)
    Playing Egyptians currently.

Thx in advance =)

Playing as the English, and after a successful crusade to Antoich. I quickly built an inn, and there were some to hire i'm sure. Maybe its just luck. But with a horse farmer, i could actually train them if i remember correctly, as regular troops.
    But like i said, that was in Antoich, i don't know about Tripoli

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

You need a province like Antioch or Tripoli. As a catholic faction you can train them there if you have an inn. You can train them as regular unit and don`t need to wait for mercs.

Hello there Dogmeat. Worthless trivia: your name best describes my MTW & STW armies.
    This space intentionally left blank

hello Yeah, its how i typically end up as in multiplayer games, at least when i first start, so i thought the name was appropiate

anyways, does that mean islamic factions/nations can't get them? I must admit i haven't played as an islamic nation yet, thats next on my list, i've already done the other two religions.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Yup, the Turcopoles are a Catholic unit, they might be Muslims themselves but they fight for Catholics. They are more or less Turcoman Horse with a weaker attack and slightly better Morale.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Time for Infidel campaign then =)
    Even if they are not that good, I get a kick out of reading the unit descriptions.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

You don't want Turcopoles and I don't think it's funny that you joke about getting it. It is a horrible disease. My grandmother died twice from it, and your flagrant jokes about other peoples pain offends me so much I might just have you fired for baiting.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

I am a person.

Ok Major Dump. I challenge you to find something offensive about the above.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Yeah, it is quite horrible, last time I caught it my privates smelled like Sauerkraut with a gentle touch of mushroom.

I think the key is that you have to be a Catholic faction that controls Antioch, Edessa, Syria, or Tripoli. If you look at the sheet, the outline of the Turcopoles is red, and the word Inn is in red. THen if you look toward the top of the sheet, you will notice that all the red buildings or units have to do with Catholic factions. I don't think you can get those units with the Egyptian faction. I've never tried, but that's what I'd guess based on the color codes.

May kitso.
    My Webpage