Thread: Which provinces belong to each faction?

Looking at threads like King o f Poland and The King of England, i've been wondering if there's a way to know (see) which provinces are controlled by a faction.

What i mean is, is there an option or is it possible to mod some file (don't know what file) so that one can have that information available?

It would help a lot, especially when u have to choose between allies when they go to war. I've been caught too many times supporting the loosing side, because i have no clue at what their strenght is , only to be attacked a few years after by the victor.

Regards
    Al Shama'ar

PS (I do know that you can use agents and princesses to do this, but i'd have to train a lot of agents and they get constantly killed. Princesses are always on the short side.)

Amateurs talk Tactics, Professionals talk Logistics

Senior Member Senior Member Jxrc's Avatar

There is a cheat code enabling you to see the whole map but I have never used it.

To see which provinces are onwed by non-catholic faction, build a crusade and see where you can send it to. You will receive a message this province is owned by XX, your advisors suggest XX florins should secure the Pope's endorsement ... do you want to proceed Say no, do it a few times and you can have a good picture of the territory of the non-catholic factions.

But catholic factions being on good terms with Rome will not be discovered like that.

I have seen a post on this topis before, the cheat was explained there I think...

Hey, why not just conquer the all

I haven't looked into any cheats that will reveal all the map, so I can't speak to that. However, if you have emissaries or princesses or assassins or spies, etc. etc., they can be placed around the map to give you a peak at the province they are in. Then you just move them a little more.

Not knowing which side to back may be a realistic part of the game. If you were a king in the Middle Ages, how could you know who would end up on top?

May kitso.
    My Webpage

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

If I were a medieval King, I'd at least know if one side is twice as big territorially than the other.

There are two options for you that don't involve building a bunch of agents. First one:

Grab an agent. click and HOLD the agent over a province until that province is highlighted. When the province is highighted, hold the agent still. If you have popup messages enabled, it will display the owner of the province. This method is monotonous and limited but available if you don't want to use a cheat.

Second is:

type the following exactly .matteosartori.

Note the periods. This is the cheat. I frankly don't use it often myself but occasionally I do want to know who won the Spanish/Almohad battle or the Turk/Byzantine battle (usually the Egyptians win that one)

The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

I think if you drag and hold an emissary over a province, a note will pop up detailing who controls the province. This is one way to get an overview of how much a faction controls without having to place an emissary in every province. I will confirm tonight.
    The state which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools – Thucydides

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Check the times on the last two posts. Lord Godfrey is not just parroting me. I just beat him to the add reply button by a few seconds.

P.S: Godrey, I can save you the time testing. It works. I did it yesterday.

The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.