Thread: Multiplayer Campaign?

Last I saw on the website, a patch was definitely going to be released for Warlord Edition to allow for multiplayer campaigns? However, after reading these message boards, it seems that this is no longer the plan? Please tell me it isn't so! It's the main reason I bought the expansion pack.

(I've got no interest in a tactical battle that has no connection to anything else..I like the campaign a lot, though.)

Anyway, other than that, and the lame crossbow firing animations (I can't even tell they're firing!), the expansion pack IS pretty darned cool. I think the unit balance is great (for the campaign at least.)

Sorry sgt barnes u wont see the multi player campaign cause the company dont give a shit! Its a sad fact that they wont officially confirm this especially when they will know that some people will buy it in the hope of such a patch but believe me we wont be seeing a mp campaign anytime soon.

swoosh

[This message has been edited by Swoosh So (edited 08-17-2001).]

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

it is true swoosh that they promise much and until now they have not delivered anything. . but give them a chance on this i feel they may still do it but it might just be wishfull thinking on my part

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Well targets already confirmed they will be too busy with crusaders

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

i see some naive persons around...

we have been never suprised by a goodie from "them" so lets pray it could be the first time with the campaign option
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

I agree Magy,maybe they'll surprise us?(Christmas)

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

I don't think the issue will go away for them. Perhaps as they work on CTW, they will make its campaign MP, work out the bugs and then be able to come back to STW and fix it.

If they would give us a way to add taisho honor to online battles and a way to manually input the battle results, then all we would need is a way for the players to swap strategic info.

hehe it good to see some ppl with the same wishful thinking as me. . .(surprised one is magy :0) ) i do hope they find time to do this for us as i think all of us were looking forward to it. . . .the owe us at least one thing!

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Well, thanks for the replies :) Sounds like if anything happens on this, it will be because of a programmer who is disgusted with his honorless lords and releases something unofficial.

Or their code is so f*ed up that a MP campaign is just not feasible. Holy crap! The .exe is 8 megs! If that's all actually compiled source code, there's no way they'll ever release a MP campaign. Their brains probably bleed every time they open up the project, and they are eager to start from scratch!

On another topic, someone somewhere else posted asking what the ninjas were using. "Ninja Stars", apparently, according to "Projectiles.txt"