Thread: Is there any point in playing the x pac online?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

From all the stuff ive heard about online play, is there actually any point in playing the x pac online? I mean every1 who has gone online has had somit negative to say about it so im thinking i might not even open the box until there is some kind of patch or somit (which will be a long time) and just continue to play on regular server. Has anyone had anything good online wit the x pac yet or is it really that bad?

-Morpheus

------------------
    Fight going down hill, not up :)(:

tho the competitive games might be a bit hard for the japenese side against the mongols (untill we have strategies) there r friendly's u can play aswell as the new games. . for example the capture the flag (sort of) game. . . this seems fun and everyone seems to be enjoying this. . .aswell as the other new games! i won't be playing any comp games till i have a strategy worked out but i will have fun playing online and i think u will too

so answer to ur question there is a point to playing online

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Gifted Dilettante Member DragonCat's Avatar

That is what you get for listening to all the tripe that gets posted.

The new game online is BETTER than the old for any number of reasons. More/New Units, the Mongols, Weapon and Armor Upgrade Options, new game types including King of the Hill, Protect the Honjin, Halve the Enemy, Assasinate the General as well as the original Last Man Standing. They have also fixed a lot of issues- most for the better,some arguably for the better, and very, very few, is any for the worse. Again, your milage may vary, but there are sooooo mnay good things about the online play now. I had quit playing for months to do other things. I have been playing nonstop since I got it last week (over 60 competitive games already and MANY more friendlies).

So, don't be gulled those who think it cool to let you know what its not good enough for them. Play, enjoy, and let them wallow in their own misery... its a great game made better and you'll really be missing out by not getting it.

No, I don't work for EA, Creative, or any others connected with the game. Me, I just love the game- and everyone I play online says the same.

------------------
    DragonCat
    "On the prowl . . . ."
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!

Cool these new modes sound fun. I will get it and let u know what i think . From wot uve said sounds like it could be fun. But one thing. Are the mongols that good gainst japanese?

------------------

If you let them be, yes. Mongols have definite strengths. But so do Japanese. You can't use your old tactics against them, but there are definitely ways to beat them. But If I told you what they are, I'd have to kill you. ;-)

Watch your flanks, stay defensive, don't counter cavalry with cavalry, yari sams, yari sams, yari sams. Use the terrain. Don't get caught out in the open (too many flanks exposed).

------------------
    DragonCat
    "On the prowl . . . ."
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!

Quote Originally posted by Morpheus Akechi:
    From all the stuff ive heard about online play, is there actually any point in playing the x pac online? I mean every1 who has gone online has had somit negative to say about it so im thinking i might not even open the box until there is some kind of patch or somit (which will be a long time) and just continue to play on regular server. Has anyone had anything good online wit the x pac yet or is it really that bad?

-Morpheus

[/QUOTE]I dont care!i still want X-Pack as its a step forward in gaming...

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Well...

I must say that the new online play of the we/mi is a great disappointment...routbug still exists but more to the point the game just doesnt feel right....its as if all games of 5k or over have no morale....the units just keep fighting till the death...the result being quite boring. The new units are pretty cool and the game types interesting but i prefer brilliant gameplay over a few new flashy units any day.

I only hope they keep the old server up so i can play the real game.

Rath....

Yes rath u hit the nail right on the head "all the tripe were speaking about" lol no just that an element of the game we enjoyed has been removed and were trying to discuss this and bring it to the developers attention, because something does not bother u doesent mean its tripe, if the morale was reduced u could still play the game at HIGH koku games so that you could fight to 5 men, so whats the fuss???? some of us want the 5k games to be like they were thats all.

Swoosh

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

dont take everything so personally swoosh. Plenty of people are loving the new game - despite a need for some minor tweaking in regards to the morale. I was responding to all the good things in the game EXCEPT morale (if you read my post).

I am disappointed that there is no head to head mongol vs mongol, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying what we do have.

------------------
    DragonCat
    "On the prowl . . . ."
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!

back to the dissapointing moral again

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944