Thread: AI archers & concealed units

I do not know if anyone else has mentioned this, but have you ever noticed that the AI's archers can fire at your units while they are concealed. Even battlefield ninja are not immune. When the AI's units become concealed, I can not fire at them even if I know where they are. The AI's archers can fire at units that have been concealed since the start of the battle. The AI's archers just march right up and I start seeing the concealed icon alternating with the under fire icon on my unit flags.

[This message has been edited by Giant (edited 08-18-2001).]

When an enemy unit gets close enough to where your concealed unit(s) are they are no longer concealed. But only one enemy/player can see you with that unit. Let's say that the other 6 clans are fighting and 1 is searching for you. When he/she finds you only he/she can see you. Now if another clan was searching for you they could do what the other clan did.

------------------
    "Nothing is impossible for those who have a strong will."

"Wanting a fish to eat when standing on a lakeshore is not as useful as leaving the lake to make a net." §

[This message has been edited by Yoshistune (edited 08-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Yoshistune (edited 08-18-2001).]
    "Nothing is impossible for those who have a strong will."

"Wanting a fish to eat when standing on a lakeshore is not as useful as leaving the lake to make a net." §

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I've found that even when concealed ninjas are being fired upon they suffer minimal casualties...just move them to engage and the archers will fall like lotus blossoms.
    Silence is beautiful

Even if you conceal a unit deep in the woods over the crest of a hill, the AI will at least send something over to monitor it while it attacks else where, then it will come back and send a unit into the woods to "officially" find it.