Thread: Kensai in Bridge Battles?

Was just reading Sempai's post on Kensai, and thought of something. Has anyone used Kensai during a river assault?

They could do some serious damage in that regard, but I'm not sure how effective they'd be.

Let us know.

Duff

------------------
    Duff -
    Look for me online as HIRO SAITO
    Duff -
    Look for me online as HIRO SAITO

I've fought a couple of custom battles with kensai on the defense. Supposedly they can hold the bridge, but even with 4 kensai meeting the enemy on the bridge their units continue to flow across and deploy on my side of the bridge, requireing convential units to keep them bottled up.

Yes I have and they are indeed effective. My strat is to have my Kensai run across and circle around to the rear of the defending archers. The defending melee units will give chase and end up out of position to contest any other crossings.

I also love Kensai for castle assaults, where before I would sacrifice a YA unit to dry out the defending arrow supply. Now I just charge in with the Kensai.

Quote Originally posted by VoodooChild:
    Yes I have and they are indeed effective. My strat is to have my Kensai run across and circle around to the rear of the defending archers. The defending melee units will give chase and end up out of position to contest any other crossings.

I also love Kensai for castle assaults, where before I would sacrifice a YA unit to dry out the defending arrow supply. Now I just charge in with the Kensai.
    [/QUOTE]

Kensai work great in bridge crossing. I just send one or 2 to the other side, and let my arcers pick off the ones they do battle with.
    TeuTonic
    PIV 2.4
    512 RD1066
    Gigabyte G-8IHXP Mombo
    G4 TI4600
    Audigy Gamer
    Western Digital 80gb HD/8meg cach
    Samsung 19 SyncMaster 950p
    Stransky-Grab your MP-40 and I'll take you where the Iron crosses grow row on row.
    Steiner...