Thread: online play becomes a joke!

Blog Entries

all what i see lately are 99k games and players wich play to win on any costs

u face a bit often this spanish and than they still move in the corner.
    im not sure if this is fun, they say its all in the game...
    well, if i start to use the loopwholes they start to cry and call me cheater coz they dont know why theyr units rout...

im tired of this

koc

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    im not sure if this is fun...
    It doesn't sound like fun at all Koc.

Maybe it is time for you to only play those people you know will give you a good game. At least for a while. Fewer good games against known friends/rivals must be better than many frustrating games against strangers.
    This space intentionally left blank

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

Mike you are right not as fun as it used to be and thank god there is no competitive system in place, would be the 'top 100 cheaters'.

in old shog i used to remember teh names of these pussies, join them undercover and hit them hard.

the inability of the gamedevs and community to balance the game pays of in this shit.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

all what i see lately are 99k games and players wich play to win on any costs

Couldn't agree more. Been seeing a lot of those high florin campers, but they usually don't give me trouble at all.

For me, the attacker always has the advantage(unless the defender attacks too), since he basically controls the flow of the battle(where to attack, when, how, etc).

20k games are high enough for me, what ever happened to the 3-12k games, I rarely see those.
    There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

Lightbulb

To whoever it may concern

It's not my intent to start any trouble here, but I am completely stupefied as to why you keep playing a game you seemingly hate. You have hundreds of other options for a good time. Nobody is forcing you to play this game. Please enlighten me on either the redeeming quality of MP that makes your experience worthwhile or the light you see at the end of the tunnel that justifies your continued playing of this game.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Kongamato

Can't speak for everyone, but to respond...

It's not my intent to start any trouble here, but I am completely stupefied as to why you keep playing a game you seemingly hate

I don't hate this game, only some of the players attitudes online. This hate is replaced with pride when I crush their army

You have hundreds of other options for a good time

But the game is so fun

Please enlighten me on either the redeeming quality of MP that makes your experience worthwhile or the light you see at the end of the tunnel that justifies your continued playing of this game.

I love wargames, especially TW series controlling thousands of units. But it's even funner playing against people with intelligence(not the AI), and it's nice knowing that you won't win everytime. Just the thought of facing another person of intelligence while outsmarting them with my tactics is enough. And when I lose it just gives me more motivation to go back and win. Call it pride or whatever, just the feeling of beating another human being at something.

Kocmoc would be referring to me.

People who have played me online ,know I usually take german or Italian, last 2 weeks I've been playing with different factions, trying out the "overpowered" factions such as Byz and spanish as well , but hardly ever used them again. I've been focussing more on egyptians anyway, but that aside.

Kocmoc hosted a 15k game. I joined it. it was on flatinlands something, he had Danes, I had spanish. I offered to play him next with another faction but he refused.

I've got the replay if anyone cares to see it.

After 2 cav charges koc had no pavises left, so I could set up where I want, I chose the higher ground, as the tutorial taught me (in the corner yes). and I won. As I said, I offered another game with a different faction but he didn't really go into that.

If you dont want people to use height because you consider it unfair, you should host flat maps so you may win.

This is the last I'll say about it to avoid bad mojo .

I'll upload the replay and post it here.
    Abandon all hope.

Doesn't sound too bad of a game to me. Mithrandir, sounds like you got higher ground after some fighting, so what's there to complain about? Again I don't mind if someone is camping since I control where to manuever.

The Replay

I might've played different from other games because I really wanted to beat kocmoc (since he's considered one of the best), but still, I dont think you can expect people to stand where you want them to so you can flank them...

anyway, hope to play you again (with a different faction perhaps ? )
    Abandon all hope.

Blog Entries

im so sorry, i never would "attack" a moderator.....so sorry again.....

it seems u dont understand it, so any more words are just waste of our both time.

if u can easy see, i just dont like to move all the time my cav to defend this damn arbas.......
    and its just not my game, to fight vs a guy who sit on a border or in a corner... yes i choose this map, and yes u won...but i played so many other guys and all know that the game should be played in the center of the map....

...somehow this guys fought in center???

u not... so ur right...the map give u the advance and u was defender... but since about 3 years, every normal player understood...that there is no defender and no attacker....
    ...at least play fair ...what so hard to understand?

again, u did well...it was ur choice to play like this.... but i dont want to play u again, as u just will do the same.... and exactly this is no fun for me....

quite easy...

koc

Blog Entries

dont get me wrong, but i dont play just to win on any costs.
    if i would do it, i would field other setups not setups like this

so i went in this game as i tryed to play with this faction and not just to win it. u wanted to win it on any costs and this is what destroy the fun....well at least my fun

its ur free choice to do this, but u had won from start...so why sit at the corner?

i jsut dont understand it, if someone want a real challange he should maybe tell it before the game starts, than i would concentrate me and we would fight a rematch as well.

but if u take it so seriosly, say something...

...1 more....exactly this makes all playin this stupid flat maps..... think about it...

koc

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Kocmoc @ Jan. 18 2003,18:41)]again, u did well...it was ur choice to play like this.... but i dont want to play u again, as u just will do the same.... and exactly this is no fun for me....
    I have offered to play on other terms, other faction & other map, but if you don't want that, that's too bad.

Btw. I feel in no way attacked, let people make their own choices based on the replay on whether or not to play me, again like I said earlier, normally I do play a bit different,however it was a challenge to beat you,so I did was most likely to be effective.
    So sorry if you didnt enjoy yourself that game,really.
    Abandon all hope.

Very close battle, Koc did well imo even after his arbalesters were trashed and considering hes fighting uphill and corner, I would get a morale breakdown after such a thing, clearly show the difference between a vet and a newcomer. If he had pushed his cavalry earlier (only a matter of seconds) towards mith's rear (around the woods on mith's right flank), I think koc would win. And that is some tough cmaa u got on ur right mith, how did that mofo not rout ? Is it the arbalesters helping them, or is it just the high ground, heh dunno hehe.... I would scream if I'm playing that game.

--Bosdur a.k.a UgliRaichu--

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

well the case is a matter of evole to the system or challenge it. I tend to challenge the system, and although i join high florin games i still pick an army i know is disadvantaged supposedly, like egypt for example (people never pick, why?). Turks are my new choice for defender, only because thier lack of arbs makes them vulnerable, and one has to find away arorund this problem, a most interesting challenge indeed. I still play as spain on occasion, but i never play byzantine, never have and never will... just doesnt appeal to me.

For the real challenge, try play russia against a lot of high florin european armies. If you win, at least the win is rewarding, and thats what i play for
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Blog Entries

yes alrowan

i full agree, but if u take a weak army and the enemy camp and move to the corner u have lost before the game started.

with russian and much cav....if he move to the corner and use his spears u have lost

so there is no need to play this games

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

gah... some people just cant accept change
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

heres a question

wats wrong with 99k games

im exclusively playing 4v4's at the moment and 99k is a good amount for a 4v4.

maybe ppl just dont like the fact that there units rout in 2 seconds in the low florin games plus it gives nooba a chance.

British Army: be the best

War is hell stop winning and kill them , every player has his own choise of florins and army / position , if you dont like it dont join - quit simple

The game is bulid with these posiblities and experinced players shut not dictate how other shut play thier games .

There are no rules in war , but winning ;o)

The Danes Zandy

I have mixed feelings about this particular battle, but I think I'll side with Kocmoc. The redzones are limitations of the game and their use, especially in duels, should be avoided. As Koc said, an "attacking" army based on mostly cavalry is pretty much defeated if the "defender" sets up in a corner, denying the cavalry its ability to maneuver.

I can (sort of) understand Mith's eagerness to win, as Koc is one of the best players of the Total War series, but I bet even Mith agrees it wasn't a very glorious victory. I choked a bit when Mith started to move towards the corner _after_ he had decimated Koc's arbs (thus forcing a charge).

In my eyes Koc scored a moral victory in that battle, but Mith's offer to fight on other terms is fair and it's poor sportsmanship to refuse. Hmm, do we have a pot blaming a kettle here?

As a side note, IMO it's not a good thing that many of the maps "encourage" redzone camping by having high edge hills. I think the best maps are those that have higher hills in the middle than on the edges. I'm currently compiling a list of such maps, perhaps I'll post it here when I get it done. And modders, take note.

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Sorry but I'm going to close this thread. If you want to argue about whats styles are right whats wrong and to argue about one's ego and pride.. please do it outside JF.

JF is not a place for these.

Thanks and best regards.
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.