Thread: Target, definitive problem/bug list for MI!!

TARGET,

Just thought i'd collaborate a few of the posts scattered about to make a concise list of issues needing to be addressed, answered or explained by the Developers...

So far we have:

1. Reinforcements issues,
    - problems with them arriving very delayed, if at all.
    - problems with them getting stuck on the map.
    - painstakingly time consuming and monotonous job trying to win a battle because of hiding or stuck units.
    -reinforcements then routing off a different side to the one the have come on as a reinforcement... induces ridiculous slaughters!

2. Musketeers (and Arquebusiers???) being able to fire in the rain.
    - supposed to happen or bug?

3. Various unit balancing issues.
    -highly debatable and contentious.

4. Strange rebellions in regions with greater than 100 % loyalty when your Daimyo dies!?

5. Autorout bug unaddressed.

6. F1 screen still not fixed.

7. Various multiplayer issues.
    -Mongol v Mongol for instance.

Any more please add...

It would be nice to have a reply from you Target regards these issues to explain them or confirm them as problem to be addressed...

Thanks in advance

DOC aka Jamie

P.S. we could have noticed these if we, the beta testers, had been used thus saving a lot of these problems from occurring!

[This message has been edited by DoCToR (edited 08-15-2001).]
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

hi doc, we had already plans to make a list of things we notice on the forum, first we wait some weeks till we all have a copy of teh game and tested it online.

u can contact erado as well. i made a secret forum somewhere where we add all findings, we will add yours as well.

then when we have a good list we will ask all serious people to order them according to priority and after that we will contact Target and his brothers...

so kepe posting the findings we will process them
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Just found this in a post of MagyarKhans so to increase the chances of Target reading it and replying, i thought i'd add it to the growing list

Although it does seem that Target has ceased to reply now the going's got a little tougher...!?

Quote Target my main man, of all problems i just filtered the Morale Issue amongst the threads. It seems unit "fight till the death" even the weakest hardly run, it is like playing with "morale off" in the old game. Please explain this in here... on what purpose is it changed, why leaving the path of Sun Tzu, the name used in all previous advertisements?
    we need to have a good morale balance before we can think of a unit stats balance...
    [/QUOTE]

Regards,

DOc aka Jamie
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

Doc, this is only addressed to you because you put up the topic... (so, please don't take it personally)

BUT not all of these are things that "need to be addressed, answered, or explained by te Developers"

There are some things in the game you need to figure out on your own mate.
    Example... 1. Unit balancing... I'm tired of hearing everyone bitch about this.
    2. "strange rebellions"--- this is not necessarily strange just b/c you can no longer leave provinces empty forever and expect them to stay loyal... personally, I think this is a good change as it makes the Imagawa clan's specialty strategic.

Also, if we (as a community) could address our questions MORE politely, perhaps people at EA and CA would be more willing to listen... NOT everything can be solved in the blink of an eye, and NOT everything will be to everyone's liking. Thus, some things that we may feel are bugs, are in reality "features".
    --- Instead of the topic name... "Target, definitive problem/bug list for MI!!" how about "Target, some questions about MI. bugs or features?"
    It comes off as being less confrontational.

Sorry if I am coming down to harshly DoCToR, but I think a lot of people are coming down to hard on Target and don't seem to realize that he is ONE person who is willing to listen to our comments and suggestions and try to accomadate us as best he can.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Quote Originally posted by Zen_Blade:
    Instead of the topic name... "Target, definitive problem/bug list for MI!!" how about "Target, some questions about MI. bugs or features?"
    It comes off as being less confrontational.
    -Zen Blade

[/QUOTE]

Ok, Zen i agree with ya that the topic heading is a little confrontational, but in all honesty it wasn't meant that way...

The point of this thread was to bring together various issues raised by other forum members onto a single thread to make it easier for someone like Target to explain them...

I think it is only fair that someone like Target should explain these issues raised by others and state whether they are indeed bugs or features...??

I, personally, am not suggesting these issues are bugs or problems as:
    1. I don't have the MI Expansion yet and therefore couldn't possibly form an opinion on them!

2. They have been brought up by others...

I merely collected all issues raised onto one thread...

And don't worry i did not take your thread personally mate

REgards
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

I recall that while many of us were blaming the delay of the expansion pack, some great old ORG members came out and said:

A late game is late at the month, but a bad game is bad forever.

Now we all agree that the delay was worthwhile in terms of all the cool new features getting added. But there are also quite a few bad new features and still bad old bugs. We don't want to see them stay forever!

Zen_Blade - I think the issued discussed before about strange rebellions is a valid one. Just last night, I sent my elderly Diamyo off to die in battle, with two provinces left to conquer. After his death, EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE rebelled, no exceptions. This might be because they were all over 100% (low tax rate) but it was definitely a bug. My guess is that for some reason the game allocated all my provinces to the rebellion because of the death of my diamyo which in the instant after his death may have signified I had no leader?
    Has anyone else seen this, I was quite disgusted when it happened. Aside from this, the reinforcements setup, and it not working on another machine I have, I think the game is great.

MORI,

HOPEFULLY, you have saved right before your daimyo's death????

if so, we can test it ourselves and attepmt to reason out what happened...

do you have many shinobi?
    we can try various way of raises province loyalties...

did any provinces with big (500+ men) armies revolt?

any details that you can remember will help document the revolt.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member, Retired

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

My 2 cents worth, Before you post a bug in your list you Must independently confirm it's existence, ok?

F1 screen appears to work, kinda,

Try this,
    select 4 units of Yari Sam in a custom battle,
    upgrade one unit to level 3 weapons, the next to level 2, the next to level one and leave the last one as standard,
    do the same with the armour too,
    NOW
    enter the battle and press F1 - the attack bonus is the weapon upgrade level!

The defence bonus for higher honour appears,
    But, as Puzz kindly pointed out, where is the attack bonus for higher honour?

now for more Bugs...

Bug!
    Custom Battle (actually a fun bug!)
    AI as Mongol - Human as Samurai
    Play a battle using Mongol as attacker,
    Then after battle press continue,
    Then press use same setup as last battle
    - now you have both Human and Mongol as DEFENDERS!
    and CANNOT assign any Mongol as ATTACKER!
    Work Around - press the RIGHT arrow beside your Mon, and the Mongol army will be assigned as Attacker!

Or you could fight against your Samurai Brothers using you 'new' Mongol ally!(FUN!!)

Bug!
    Now the Same Bug in MP is a nuisance...

If you Switch sides when you join an MP battle which army you actually wind up with is a little random,
    you can join the Mongol side and actually have the Japanese army, and vice-versa...

Now I just need to work out how to 'pre-determine' which army you'll get when swapping sides from which position in the list of players...

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon

[This message has been edited by barocca (edited 08-17-2001).]
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Quote Originally posted by DoCToR:

2. Musketeers (and Arquebusiers???) being able to fire in the rain.
    - supposed to happen or bug?

[This message has been edited by DoCToR (edited 08-15-2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

Musketeers are supposed to be able to fire in light rain. Remember that historical campain of "Nagashima"?

In that campaign, the player is Oda Nobunaga, fighting against the warrior monks of lkko-lkki.

You have 1 HC, 1CA, 4YS, 2SA, and 4 muskets.

The enemy has 3YA, 2SA and (gasp!) 2No-Dachi and 4 warrior monks!

Now how on earth can this be won without resorting to the guns?!

But as soon as the game starts, it begins to RAIN, RAIN, RAIN.

Acutally that's a shower. The only time I was able to beat it on expert level was when I managed to fire musket during the short intervals of the rainstorm.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Barocca,

my bet is the colors...

i.e. the clan color the player selects and the order in which the clan color comes up. --the same deal as with the positioning in multiplayer. This is my guess about the "randomness" of being mongol or japanese.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    SHS Core Member, Retired

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Arquebusiers and musketeers firing in light rain not a bug: "Like the arquebusiers they can only fire their weapons in very light rain at a reduced rate and accuracy." quote from the official guide on page 52.

Revolts are more common? Good, less boring end game, greater use of shinobies and garrisons, Christianity becomes a factor now.

If a High Honor daimyo dies and is replaced by a lesser "son" unrest is probable. "A weak daimyo is one that the populace will have no respect for." Quote from the official guide page 28.

If one province rebels, it can have a domino effect. "Revolts also influence the neighboring provinces, and if a revolt starts in one province it can soon spread to other provinces" quote page 29

Now there seems to be bugs or annoying problems but let's wait a bit before putting everything that has been changed as a "bug".

OHH and finally before threads appear about this, the port "bug" thing is officially a feature of the game now. Check Page 59 of the guide. So if you ever get attacked by a AI army from out of nowhere in a province that you have a port in, it is not a bug. The AI has invaded you from one of his ports... COOL!!!!!

KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

bump!

plus i must add the koku bug for mongol reinforcements in MI,
    where the Kahn gives you re-inforcements st the beginning of autumn, (sometimes summer?)
    BUT doesn't take tribute until the end of autumn, meaning you get no re-inforcements for provinces captured and pillaged in autumn!

also has anyone confirmed the kensai bug?

------------------
    DoragonBarocca of Clan Doragon
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.