Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Clans

Im interested in finding out which players still play that were in old clans such as host of chaos, demonkhans and the chain clan, euro etc?

Swoooooosh

Nosey as ever

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Well, historically speaking, Kenchi is older than them all and we're still here

I think Rath was in Chaos before. Paolai, Mossy and Sp00n were definetely Links (Chain clan). Euro was practically another version of Chain but without Oct and Vanya.

The Order of Kenchikuka

Chain clan must have kicked some but in their time

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Would even fun to build a small "tree" of clans, showing where the newer clans got their members and how the old clans transform themselves...

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

Chain were definetely on top in late 2000. Then San and Oct had a dispute and the clan was divided in two...

Been good times...

The Order of Kenchikuka

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Myself, brown, Lord and Dredd(hilly) were all in chaos and we all still play.

You wont see them around much, but they are all this here

I speak to Azza about once a week via ICQ he now plays some aeroplane game.....

I havent seen attending for a long time or any on the other really.....
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

RageMonsta

Monsta was a Demon..as was..errr Demon and our local admin Soul....or Ishywasy or whatever he uses now

Link on top in 2000..of what?

Kenchi had a great site...all this East...West...Sharks divisions and stuff..

how many of the current (active) members of Kenchi were in it in those days? Momo etc.

And that old debate about time away....Kenchi no doubt oldest in name but concurrent (spelling?) time served...that now must be Fear.

Hers a little list from memory-

Kenchi
    Link
    Chaos
    Demon Khans
    Fears

the others were only bit players.....oh and RW ronin warlords?....maybe later?

doragon
    takiyama

actually the list of original players ...those who played in the summer and fall of 2000... is quite long... and the history of all the clans is intertangled. but just in case were having the oldest clan debate again ....my memory from that time is that kenchi was reformed after a period of compleate inactivity. and during most of that reform period...they would not even have qualified as a clan under todays 3 minimum active player standerd. nothing against kenchi...but imho they cannont be the oldest clan in tw.

as too the power of clan link... during the christmas of 2000... link had around 4-6 elite players (amury,paolai,san,att,oct...) and a half dozen other strong members.. easily one of the most powerful clans ever in tw. i cant say fear was stronger at the time...we had our share of big names too...kocmoc..amp...fucy...elmo...jst..ship... and we played many games vs clan link... i think they were always close battles and both clans were about even in strength...but that only lasted for max 2 months...then link broke and their power faded away. actualy...at the time..it seemed the community placed fear and no fear at the top...and was constintly comparing them like today with wolves and fear... but thats just my memory...im sure many others share different views.

Hmm my post was to discuss great clans that had fallen over the time of shogun not existing clans I know all the existing peeps and how long they have played, But link and demonkhans was just before my time in shogun, so it interested me to know who were in these great clans.

Buddha

Good arguments...

I don't think the argument is 'how many original members' there are. Kenchi of today still the same clan as in 2000. Different members, but we're all tied by one legacy. Kenchikuka and its history. It's the same clan, which evolved over time - which is supposed to happen anyway (We evolved into the Order of Kenchikuka now if you noticed, just needed). And right now, myself, Satake (he got married lately, comin back soon ) and Asaji (original founder...see Entrance Hall ) are the original members, apart from those who were Kenchis but left - eg. Magyar
    So in my opinion, and timelines and facts speak that way too, our claim is more than justified.

Link is not really of the same "age" of clans like the Host of Chaos or Kenchi, they're relatevely younger. I think Link is about the same age as Fear, maybe younger too. I agree with NC on their power, they did have elite players and at the time LinkSan was #1 and imo deserved it. NoFear, Rage and Wolves are more or less in the same bracket of time (late 2000)

Tera

P.S.

This is my opinion, it isn't the clan's official position since I don't officially represent it (Baz and Rath bosses )

The Order of Kenchikuka

Gee and i thought elite were one of the top 2 today

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Heh no i was still a ronin during the Chaos days - i did join the original Clan of Blades though which emerged after the fall of chaos (Attending, Soul, Secome, Demon and of course Jaeger were members among others).

God those were the days *gets sentimental*

Btw when did Lrossa and Celti originate ?

well spoken tera, in that sense its true kenchi is oldest clan but we were first in MTW by 1 whole week

Jun would be a good player to ask about link history...maybe he could fill us in on some of there whereabouts.

other clans of note:
    blood ronin- evolved into fear
    storms- evolved into tenki

Well Rath, honestly i dont remember when LRossa was created...maybe Paolai can tell us when.
    The first post in our private forum is end 2000 begin 2001.
    Cily

Yup, the project to create an italian clan was born on september 2000 but Lrossa clan was born on january 2001, after the Chain disband. First post on private lrossa clan forum is on 12 jan 2001.

I can say that NC is right, when i was a Link the most fear our "enemy" was the Fears, but often we played in team(chain memebers&fear memebrs) also some nice games vs other clans.

P.S.: also LinkShumeisan was a very good and a very nice player

RageMonsta

NC did Monsta misread your post....your havin a laugh m8 if Monsta didnt....the community considered No Fear top?

Which community?....the Old Folks Retirement Home?

Yes Takiyama should be added to the list Monsta made.

at the time they had 20- 30 members... and solid team play...not as many big names as other clans but they had a large presense in stw. i was still a noob basicly... so maybe my impressions were a bit skewed.

oooohhh...there were the jedi guys too...but cant remember there names

NoFear had many members yes, and many of these members are now part of different clans and are very good players.

Yet let's say that NoFear could never compete with the Wolves at the time, for example.

Still a clan to be remembered, was great.

Tera.

The Order of Kenchikuka

One Time TW Player .. Member baz's Avatar

i find this quite interesting too, i only started playing TW in january 2002 and i was a kenchi member before i even knew how to play so to speak (my flatm8 was kenchininjakilla).. i find it quite interesting what happened before my era.

basically what clans were around, who played for them and who did not anymore, for what reasons? many old vets i know from this board i have not often seen online, obake erado, kreallin, kurando, the force and many many more. it is good to hear about days when they were in the foyer more regularly..

it is great to see some clans revitalised on MTW like fearfulways for example, in the end days of MI, jan 2002+, i think i only ever saw a couple online (excluding AMPmortog) i found it hard to believe they ruled the foyer not so long before .. now they seem to be ever present, congrats

also some clans like Rage, Shades, Doragon... that faded in the last days of MI have failed to regroup hopefully they will in time

are there any ppl out there that were around in the first days and still play online so enthusiastically.. i can think of only MagyarKhan .. any others? i am sure he could put some light onto this subject as to what it was like playing back then compared to nowadays,

who was good who was not? who played for what clans, and why do they not still? many things have happened tell us the important bits you old guys plz ...

How did some clans come around, what are the stories with:
    The Lonely Wolves
    Ugly's and Fears
    Tenki and Shingi

when did ppl start forming clans based on nationality?
    Celti
    LRossa
    Marchel
    Elite

what was the org like back then? did many MP players gather here? when did the devs first come here?

thnx for listening, hopefully someone can enlighten us ..

BarryNoDachi

Shades are still vey much around...just not in MTW . I think the game of choice for most of us now is BF1942. To tell the truth the multiplay is so crappy with MTW I just dont have the patience to play anymore. I remember when I first joined Shades and my crusade to get into the top 100...those were the days, and I even managed to crawl in at 95th eventually

Wraith
    Proud Member of ClanShades

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

baz in that single nationinility clans dont forget justys and goldfish silver gasawa(sp?)
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

ELITE actually is not a single nationality Clan. It was when ELITE started, but it is more a matter of language, then nationality. I think ELITE is a central Europe based Clan . Not all ELITE members are Germans, but in order to have fast and easy communication within the Clan ELITE chose German as official Clan language.

I wonder about the hierarchy in Clans. How was that in the old days?
    As far as I know most Clans are and were lead by a daimyo, but when did the "brotherhood concept", a Clan without daimyo, khan or king, a Clan where all members are equal as it is used e.g. in ELITE start?

Enough words lost

ELITEofBomilkar
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

fear was a ruled by majority vote up until the move to mi.

Sounds like a good system maybe u should reinstate it
    Lol dont try u cant delete this post

Swoooooooooosh

Buddha

nice shot...

btw...your posts were deleated due to a request from the members but its ok...im sure you still have some fiends left in other clans.

Really.... What was so bad about them All i did was dispute the way you were portraying the results and post about poalis wins.

Swooooooooooooooosh

Ps: U saying ive no friends in fear? I think u wrong about that peep

Fiends?

Buddha

RageMonsta

As my current incarnation here st the Org is left chained in the enterance forum.. RageMonsta will respond here...and maybe it is only proper he does since we are talking about 'the old days'.

Rage always voted on issues and a 100% vote was require on such issues as new members (which often led to many warriors not gaining their colours with us).

It is clear to see that Rage were a democratic society (if you believe that you'll beleive anything)...no to be honest..any 'leader' is often as only as good has his team.

I feel 'blessed' to have had the pleasure of being with some of the best players in the game as Rage gaffer and some of the most loyal people...also to have witness such times as the first tourneys and the campaigns.

Also a word should be said for the 'enemy' without whom life would have been much duller...Monsta actually liked most of the foes..until they went away from the game aspect and maybe made threats of virus attacks or some other less than pleasant actions (not a good old punch up meant there..they keep the blood flowing&#33.

Monsta feels that his experiences in STW (mainly) were without question an element of fun (due often to our innocence)that will never be repeated....but with some work and maybe a little notice from CA about the game on line we can push to try and create at least something similiar for Rome (as Monsta feels you are all aware of the downfalls of the current MTW system etc).

In the mean time please try and take part in the tourneys and CWB...these are the basis of rivalry (in a gaming sense) and add justification to our hours of work/play.

BTW...Nice name The ORDER of Kenchi..wish I had thought of that

p.s Swoosh...Monsta feels that NC was doing what all 'good' leaders should and a slight element of propaganda will win you more battles than a sharp sword../but you go girl..smack him the chops (in a friendly Org like manner&#33

mr cagan....very wise words there...i have to agree with you on everything you said.

ms swoosh... the battle results between me and paolai are actually posted here at the org...last time i tried to engage you with a post at our forum we had some ugly words and im not going to give you a chance this time..our forum is going to stay a fun and friendly place and i will continue to deleate any post i think might disturbe that harmony. and if you can get one member of fear to come out and say "swoosh is my friend, plz dont deleate her posts" then ill take you off the ban list at our forum and you can write whatever you want... just one swoosh... that wont be a problem right??

oh my...what happened to the discussion on old clans... maybe we could get back on topic with a talk about razors and why they broke up and where there members went.....

You obviously dont know your peeps very well And dont even bring up that old dinosaur, As that was the thing that made some peeps betray u so that i could 'see' what lies u were typing, Get one of them to come out and say dont do it? lol i think not, I'd better stop before i brake the org rules Lol u bring out the worst in me.

Swoooooooooooosh

Buddha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast