Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All faction mods

does anyone ever use all faction mods online? i'd really like play with the golden horde or aragon online. does anyone ever do this?
    C:\My Documents\NEW-1.gif

Yes. I prefer Golden Horde to the other Factions, I have also tried the Aragonese. I think the Aragonese will appeal to many

......Orda

Talking

I believe most of the Mizu's are set up to use the all 20 factions mod online. A nice thing about this is it's a one time installation, and doesn't have to be removed to play the regular 12 faction game.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Thats good news puzz, how did they achieve this? i thought all files had to be exactly the same to allow multiplayer?

Swoooooooooooooooooooooosh

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Yes you need the same files to play online. If stats has been changed in the mod (as in the all 20 mod) you need to swap stats, but that is easily done with a batfile that comes along with the mod.

CBR

great plz insert here the link for download the files

p.s. on the german totalwarsite you find a topic LORD of the RINGS mod some guys work on a LORD of RINGS TOTALWAR edition

cu
    IMP

Imperator is that the same one that is being worked on in the barracks here at the org?

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Talking

My understanding is that the all 20 mod can be used with or without changing unit stats. It gives you 3 new eras to choose from: all 20 early, all 20 high and all 20 late. This expansion of the factions to 20 can stay on your machine and does not have to be removed to play the regular early, high and late eras. Off hand, I don't know just what units are available to the expanded factions.

If modifications to unit availability or to unit stats are desired, then a statswapper is needed to go back and forth between a modified stat and the regular stat. The game checks a player's main stat files against the host's stat files when you try to join a game. If they don't match, you get the version conflict message, and you cannot join the game. Use of the -reload argument on the command line of the MTW shortcut allows a player to swap stats without restarting MTW by ALT TABing to the desktop and running the statswapper. This works for the three main stat files, but if something like names.txt is changed by the mod, then a restart of MTW is necessary. Right now I have 3 different swappers for handling 3 different online mods, and that can be confusing. Eventually, it should be possible to implemented all the mods with a single statswapper.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Yes Puzz you are correct, once installed, the All 20 Mod gives another 3 era choices ( all 20 early, high and late ) These can be hosted without the need for a swapper and as long as you have the Mod installed you can join. I thought everyone would have jumped on this Mod, as I said the Aragonese will appeal to loads...mmmm ...People of Novgorod too

.......Orda

Hm are all the 8 extra factions "interesting" to use without Tosa's changed stats?

CBR

Haven't you tried them CBR? I have tried the Horde, Aragon and Novgorod..hmmm...and Hungary ..I think. They were a nice change and good MP options...but then I'm kind of drawn to the Standard of the Horde so I haven't tried the others.

.......Orda

I have only played all 20 a bit and that was Tosa's stats.

CBR

Why would aragonese be appealing Orda ? They have any nice unique unit ?? I dont recall any.

--Bosdur a.k.a UgliRaichu--

They have Almughavars I think

CBR

Yes they certainly do

.....Orda

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

The original all factions mod, swaps the startpos files (I couldn't get done what I wanted due to an error I introduced in the directory).

The mod Orda Horde contains campaign/era files that don't have to be swapped (like described above). You install them once and can play them with 'any' stat.

I'll post an updated zip soon.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TosaInu @ Mar. 04 2003,22:09)]I'll post an updated zip soon.
    Maybe make an installer?

CBR

Cool

thats why when i played ugli last night i got that message server conflict and got disconnected.

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

IT'S TIME THEY LESSON US: WE WANT A MP CAMPAIGN FOR ROME TOTAL WAR

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

What about the danger of these things splitting the comunity?
    Doesn't it just lead to the same people playing each other all the time?
    That's it.

Sir Black Raven, you would not have been able to join All 20 if you do not have it. You get the message 'error in start pos or map unable to join this game'

As for splitting the community....Why not play with 20 factions if they are there? Why limit yourself to 12?

.........Orda

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

I don't think that it would split the community The Scourge.

-Different stats still use the same foyer. People stay in touch with each other.
    -It's a matter of seconds to swap from one stat to the other.
    -The extra eras are always present and don't require a swap at all.
    -MTW performs a CRC check to prevent out of syncs.

I'ld say that the opposite is true: more ways to play this game => more people who can have fun with it and will play it. More people on the server may mean that people will try to get a game with each other (I was more than happy to swap to 102 in MI while I preferred 103).

Could you explain the difference between player A always playing player B using a stat noone has and player A and B not playing at all because they don't like the default stat?

Could you explain the difference between 8 players always playing ImpossibleBoringMapxyz and 8 players always playing a different stat?

Or players sticking to 99999 florin games, timer battles, winter battles, early era, morale off, unlimited ammo?

I've seen a lot of behaviour in the foyers that will indeed lead to community splitting, but that had nothing to do with incompatibel stats (unless you start an 'argument' about it).

It would be a good thing if this game manages multiple (user made) stats like it does for maps (host selects a stat).

Here's the installer:

-It includes the 3 original eras (in case you 'modified' them),
    -the 3 original startpos files with all factions CA included in that campaign playable (DAP eras, 'recommended' for Single Play but also available in multi)
    -and 3 All20 eras for online play (also available in SP).

It includes a slightly tweaked stat: bit more morale and a few adjustments to spears, lancers, Byz Inf and arbalesters.
    (I don't claim that it's perfect and you don't have to play it. Aim was to keep it close to the known 1.0 and 1.1).

Installing it is simple, for it uses the registry to find its way. The extra eras are always available once installed and work with 'any' stat, no further action is required.

A bat file, All20.bat, in the MTW game directory allows you to try the custom stat (1.1b). The same bat also allows to reinstall the 1.1 stat (official CA). Windows XP users need Choice.com to run bat files (instructions & file in MTW\All20\Choicecom). You can hotswap by making a shortcut to MTW and add -reload in the commandline (like H:\MTW\Medieval_TW.exe -reload). You can also 'just' restart the game.

http://www.tosainu.demon.nl/All20.exe

Have fun.

Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

Ok since you put like that,it couldn't hurt to give it a try.
    I think I'll give it go tomorrow night.
    That's it.

Awesome Mod. This open a new way of MP battle. I go to the forum of my clan to explain how the mod works. I hope this mod will be a "1.2 patch" and all players in the foyer will use this.

I think that If all clan use this, soon all player will use

Thanx, you give us a new way of fun

LRossaRikimaru

really nice idea
    but i have a problem
    i installed them, i tried some battle vs pc, and it's ok.
    when i went to MP foyer, i joined a game, but i could not select the faction
    there wasn't the "shields" with faction's names.
    do i have to do something after installation?

thanks

Daevorn
    Masada Shall Not Fall Again

Daevorn, in MP I have found sometimes the selection arrows that appear above and below the colour choice shield are not present. If you click just below the shield you will get the extra factions

....Orda

.......and of course the game you join needs to be all 20 also

......Orda

thank you orda

i had some problems with the batsweeper files, but now it's ok...
    i was so impatient to try them that i didn't read the readme text

come on people, download this stats

bye
    Daevorn

PS
    XP user, read the readme text
    Masada Shall Not Fall Again

i've try it and is true awesome

I've make few battle with my bro magaz and my personal view is : This mod is very very interesting. The battle stand a bit still longer (more fun) due to the +2morale , the spear now kill cavarly like yari samurai in hold shoggy . i'm happy of these new stat soon all my clan will get it.

thanx m8

LRossaRIkimaru

I hope arabalisters werent given +2 morale? In fact i dont see the point of increasing morale at all

Buddha

Talking

well orda i must disagree with u just because 2 days ago i hosted a battle 4x4 and all went well until i got the message about stats different in 2 other m8s. Then it upload the game and i was disconnected from it. Plain simple.

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

IT'S TIME THEY LESSON US: WE WANT A MP CAMPAIGN FOR ROME TOTAL WAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast