View Poll Results: If VI dont match your expectations - what would u do....

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • I dont care, I keep playing as much as I do

8 19.51%
  • I dont care, I got my eye on other games already

7 17.07%
  • I dont care, I swap to MI as ez as that

2 4.88%
  • I am sure it will level my expectation

7 17.07%
  • I care, and will play it less for sure

14 34.15%
  • VI - MI, what the hell u talking about

3 7.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If VI dont match your expectations

comments....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Cool

I voted: I care and will play it less for sure

If VI isn't all that great i'll still play it, maybe not as much. There's nothing someone like me can do about it anyway, have to take what's offered. I love this game, but the battles for me are slowly going down the drain. Soon i'll lose interest and move on to a better game, if things continue in the same direction. Let's hope VI and RTW are better.

VI=MI: what are you talking about?

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

I'll see
    I have no high expectations .
    couple new units new map ,no mp improvement (extra spear valor),some new factions to play online .....well that sounds like but how could they mess that up .
    Altough i do fear an overpowered Argonese (beefed spanish)

well i wouldnt be realy bothered except the reputation of not 1 but TWO types of scottish factions are riding on the success of this game.

anyway i fail to see how it could be worse than MTW i mean that in a good way.

were gettin a new map and factions

plus theyve not forgot the original campaign

all sounds fine to me.

British Army: be the best

One Time TW Player .. Member baz's Avatar

recently im going through a bad patch with mtw, you can have some nice battles but sometimes its frustrating with ppl exploiting unit choice, some ppl take spain evey game you see them in, for me this takes the fun away, i reckon VI will bring new maps, new units, new bonuses, and sadly new ways to take away the fun .. for me CA are busy building a jet engine, when the old car engine is still mis-firing.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (baz @ Jan. 30 2003,20:16)]recently im going through a bad patch with mtw, you can have some nice battles but sometimes its frustrating with ppl exploiting unit choice, some ppl take spain evey game you see them in, for me this takes the fun away, i reckon VI will bring new maps, new units, new bonuses, and sadly new ways to take away the fun .. for me CA are busy building a jet engine, when the old car engine is still mis-firing.
    I agree with this statement completely. I'm far from being good at MP but I choose different armies almost every battle, just seems more fun playing with vikings and gallows. But when certain people enter a game I can almost predict what they will pick, and these are people who could school me playing with an all peasant army yet they choose spain or byz every time. where's the fun in that.

As far as VI, this game has completely priced itself out of being a legitimate buy. It's the same reason I didn't pick up MI. I really feel like I'm paying for a patch that should be free; and the additional play, especially in MP, doesn't add up to $30 of value. I will only get it if I haven't found other interests; or I can no longer play MTW MP w/out it and a majority of you guys give positive feedback for it.
    Life's a beach, then you get sand in your crack

I agree with Coach. I didn't know it was $30 This better be basically a whole new game then. MTW was a new game with some pretty innovative features, and it was $40. I'm gonna wait to see what everyone says about it. I really want to get it, and I want to believe....I really do. But we'll see. If it comes out before I can get online though it wouldn't make much sense now would it?

Blog Entries

well im already bored, agreed amp ...we cant choose, just other games, but from STW about MI till MTW, this game lost more and more, i like to controll armys, yes ..........but what we now see, has nothing to do with some skill.

Teamplayskill is still needed, but the moving skill is just not important. Its hard to find other good games, maybe this game get competition sometimes...

koc

The relevance of one's actual raw skills is gradually decreasing. You still need to be skilled to win consistently in a tournament or against other skilled players but the casual win and the casual 1000+ kills are much easier. Get lancers or byz inf and it's done.

Plus I really don't like the 'clunky', armoured and heavy units - just reduces the feel of 'speed' MI had for example.

If VI turns up to be a new MI v1.0...I'll play it, but much less. It's already lucky that I actually play MTW regularly.

Tera

The Order of Kenchikuka

Im looking forward to CM4 anyways and will get addicted to that im sure, and will of course get VI but if its like MI, then bye-bye VI

Thumbs down

Quote[/b] (Coach @ Jan. 30 2003,21:54)]
    Quote[/b] (baz @ Jan. 30 2003,20:16)]recently im going through a bad patch with mtw, you can have some nice battles but sometimes its frustrating with ppl exploiting unit choice, some ppl take spain evey game you see them in, for me this takes the fun away, i reckon VI will bring new maps, new units, new bonuses, and sadly new ways to take away the fun .. for me CA are busy building a jet engine, when the old car engine is still mis-firing.
    I agree with this statement completely. I'm far from being good at MP but I choose different armies almost every battle, just seems more fun playing with vikings and gallows. But when certain people enter a game I can almost predict what they will pick, and these are people who could school me playing with an all peasant army yet they choose spain or byz every time. where's the fun in that.

As far as VI, this game has completely priced itself out of being a legitimate buy. It's the same reason I didn't pick up MI. I really feel like I'm paying for a patch that should be free; and the additional play, especially in MP, doesn't add up to $30 of value. I will only get it if I haven't found other interests; or I can no longer play MTW MP w/out it and a majority of you guys give positive feedback for it.
    Well you see, Coach, it's like this and pardon me for being synical....but there are those who have no idea how to play for fun.

..........Orda

Thumbs down

I forgot to answer the question....

I am already disappointed with the add on choice. As far as MP is concerned I sincerely hope VI will improve this aspect of the game. MTW has been a big let down, to the point where I am of the opinion that it is SP period
    Online you pick yourself a nice realistic little army you are looking forward to a fun game...then along comes Mr Winatallcost and then I read posts about players quitting before a battle ends. How ignorant these people are, they have no idea of good conduct, they could learn from watching the battle.....

Well I'm sorry I don't see it that way, I doubt any mediaeval army consisted of 50% or more armoured heavy cav and horror of horrors...those ridiculous rows of pavise arbalesters and to think we complained about beefed up muskets in v1.02 MI

Oh well that's enough moaning roll on RTW, sigh, I wonder what will be exploited there

......Orda

well indeed, if u look at old mi muskets, the pavs and how they match with 99% of all other shooters is ridicilous.

i will make and judge the game after a few weeks of plyin it..
    Untill then i hope and prey things work out..

Quote[/b] (Orda Khan @ Jan. 31 2003,16:06)]Oh well that's enough moaning roll on RTW, sigh, I wonder what will be exploited there
    Elephant lines

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

hhee nice one swoosh, imagine all the elephant shit piled up and used for ammo for teh catapults

its still not clarified if VI allows to be in teh same server as MTW

Talking

Those who are dissatisfied with MTW are going to be dissatisfied with VI.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

than they/we have to store our energy for another moaning season

Angry

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

I will play it and bitch and complain like I normally do.
    Hunter_Bachus

Blog Entries

MTW is still a nice game i realy love it, no doubt about that. but i become more and more dissapointed if i see all this loopwholes and "bugs". u just need 4 cavs on a site and u rout units without fighting....so plz tell where is the point in playing this?

i have many replays for evidence, i told this already long time ago and i remember guys who didnt believed me
    well, now go and look ur self the moralcircles and the supportcirlcesa re awesom and like i love to say, u dont even need to click on taget units, just hit somewhere in the rigth direction. this clearly is so easy, that everyone can do it, so for me its clear, i loved to play stw and mi for the aspects that my skill allowed me to win 1 vs 2 armys, that my skill saved many of my mens live....and so on.... now skill is less important, i tested i click armys lately, hell they did work..... so where is the point?

i dont believe VI will change something, we still have major MP bugs, like foyer and all this desktopdrops.
    there is an addon before the major bugs got fixed

we all know it, but some just ignore it.....i dont know why
    with all this different units, special units and bonusses the whole idea of moving to get advance is spoiled away
    u get advance by not moving, not flanking and stay pathetic close together. not moving was NEVER an advance.

so all what i loved got spoiled away, now its time to spoil myself away, im realy bored and dissapointed from this game and some players who are so ignorant and slow. Some need so much time to see several points thats just unbelievable, than after some months they say the same what u said , month ago.....but hell, they said months ago to u, thats not true.... lol, now they say the same.... crazy or not?

anyway, the nonskilled player can control now the cav and even controll 1 nice shooter, the rest is...go and buy the good units than just doubleclick, well this must be skill....

koc

Your right its more about army selection if u check my replays you will see i was new to the game but won 13 in a row on my third day by..............double clicking and a few little unit matchups Also if you watch my 3v3 vs tenki and angryfarmers u will see 8 cav rout 3 armies while 1 order foot unit holds off over 500 troops

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

well i noticed in a game amp was playing vs me where he had 12 units that most of his cav attacks clicks wasnt direct to my units but the ground behind me, they were just quickmarching "thru" towards a spot behind me and i started routing from all sides.

well all these stats, bonus combos and imgame tricks is more and more distracting me from what i love most of the original game, the manouvring of units to "solve" the puzzle of breaking the enemy.

i will have fun beating noobs and vet wannabees with horsearcher based armies, but do i really have to sit out till TW Rome to face a new engine?

Quote[/b] (Magyar Khan @ Feb. 01 2003,11:46)]the manouvring of units to "solve" the puzzle of breaking the enemy.
    Sometimes your like a poet magyar

Buddha

Cool

I've been using the double clicking behind units since STW and it's still works. I'm not saying i do it all the time, only where it seems possble, which is a lot.

Some units you can't double click behind when they are attacking you head on or you'll lose badly.

Talking

Magyar,

I don't think RTW will satisfy you either.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Null vote. I care but I will play as much as now cos that's where most will migrate.. just like from STW to MI.
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

That was very nice words indeed magyar.
    Belongs in a sig somewhere.

I suppose I'll buy the game and complain if it has problems like evryone else likely will.

But pardon me for saying so, but the fact that we can get together and complain and agree on certain points, IMO, is great. I mean, imagine hosting a game on some other game and requesting certain rules be followed that cannot be set.

"Ok, you can play orcs, but you cannot build towers."

The fact that we know and respect each other well enough to know and respect each others wishes says a lot about the community, and for that I am grateful.

I don't participate much in the complaining and brainstorming threads because usually others say what I mean well before I get a chance so I just read and relax.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

but dumpster, i noticed many people dont participate in teh discussions and soem of them share their ideas with me online. but with my continous moaning here i rixk to become the boogey man.
    I would be happy if u boogey with me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast