Thread: Campaign ideas??

This topic is to find out what everyone wants the campaigns to be like. I reckon you should have ones like for the Romans you have to invade Britain, or for the Greeks you have to take Troy, etc. Share your thoughts
    And if you wanna see this SOB get his ass kicked, gimmie a hell yeah?

HELL YEAH

*que the Stone Cold Stunner leaving the opponent dazed*

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Again im going back to Imperium Galactica 2 to make a good point. in IG2 there was a seriouse of Mini Campaigns (wich have been talked about for RTW) and in those mini's u had to deal with the situation at hand. whether thro Diplomacy, Spies, or Force. the RTW mini's should be the same thing. I Will Give an example.(this is not real only making an example of what could be done.)

Egyptian Mini Campaign "Desert Fox"

"Years ago The Egytpians openly declared war on Carthage. The two sides were deadlocked untill Carthage Sided with the Greeks. Then the Barbarians in Spain and Gual. Rome has sided with you. and all out World War is about to erupt. can the Might of Rome and the Courage of the Egyptians Fight off 2 ancient Super Powers?"

Campaign objectives
    1. Take and Hold Carthage and Destroy its Millitary Forces.
    2. maintain Good Relations with the Romans
    3. Make Peace with the Greeks. (by force of other means)
    4. Establish a Fort in spain.(optional)

See? thats a mini campaign that could be done in...oh probley about in one night. more ideas could be done just like that. ones that focus on Diplomacy or War. Like Ceaser Invading Gual. Or Greeks Uniting all the Factions to deal with a common enemy, ect ect. you guys get the idea.

Nice idea Monk. I welcome that.

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

i would really like to see these 2 campaigns,Rise of Rome and the Punic Wars.oh and a remake of the Pax Romana campaign from the old Age of Empires game would be great.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Some economic campaigns might be fun like control all of the gold mines or dominate the grain trade from North Africa.

Cool

I'm all for the Punic Wars as long as you can play as Carthage (They r0x0r j00r b0x0rz)

Senior Member Senior Member Longshanks's Avatar

Caesar's Gallic campaign would be a good one. He hammered the Gauls and the Germans on that campaign, as well as leading a punitive expedition against the Britons.

I agree Longshanks it would be cool to assualt Britain (Even though I live there&#33, maybe the guys down at CA could make ships in game so your troops could jump outta the boats as they reach the shore and began scaling the cliffs and prepare for battle against the Celts, defending Britain would be pretty cool as well.

HELL YEAH

GREETINGS

I would love Spartacus' revolt.
    I wanna "fix" history just like I did in Medieval (I first played as the Byzantines; my first order of business was to eradicate the Turks. They never came back&#33.
    I think that scenario would be great. Imagine this: You confuse the legions and get straight to Rome. You are about to attack, but the barbarians notice the legions aren't there. Massive assault (that's the thing I'll be aiming for in this scenario)

Ok this might not even fit into the time period, or be completely historically accurate , but a good historical battle could maybe be the battle from the Illiad by Homer. That would be interesting.

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

You mean the general 10 year fight between the Hellenes and Troy...bit long winded dont you think?

If they are doing historical battles, im sure Cannae will be in there.

Well yeah, but it doesn't have to last that long. I knew it was long, forgot how long though, haven't read the book since high school. Was just an idea though.

Call me a rebel but I'd love to see some campaigns that do NOT center on Rome How about a mini campaign that depicts the struggle of the Seleucid empire against external and internal pressures?

Heck, the same could be done for the Parthians who eventually conquered them The first century BC was a wild and bloody chapter in Parthian history as civil war and war with Rome sorely tested the leadership of Parthia's kings, among them one of their greatest, Mithridates II.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

of course for this we need better ai.

all of the campaigns will suck unless the ai has a kick up the arse.

British Army: be the best

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

*Warning broken english ahead*

If they fixing glorious achievments and add more objectives,i would be happy
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

I reckon Pompey's successful campaign against Cicillian pirates would be cool, he led both land attacks(to deny them their ports and also so he could capture their strongholds) and naval attacks so he could destroy as many pirate ships as he could so that Romes merchant fleet would be safe from the pirates deprivations.

Lightbulb

i think that we should have a few campaigns such as the pompei/julius ceasar ( with egypt int he middle ), the vercingetorix/ceasar plus the invasion of Britain and the picts included. Also the punic wars should be included as a previous roman empire. Then some historical battles like spartacus, pompei/pirates/marco antonio and ceasar augustus and so on.

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

IT'S TIME THEY LESSON US: WE WANT A MP CAMPAIGN FOR ROME TOTAL WAR

Here's a few campaign ideas...

"Between a Rock and a Hard Place", Second Punic War campaign, 207 BC- Take control of Scipio Africanus and Rome's armies as Hannibal and his brother Hasdrubal threaten the Republic from the north and south

"Tell it to the Spartans", Sparta Resurgent, 235 BC- Assume control of Sparta, now transformed by the restoration of the Lycurgian constitution and the social reforms of Agis IV and Cleomenes III. Defeat the Aetolian League before their alliance with Macedonia spells doom for Sparta's rebirth

"The Glory of Greece Revisited?", The leadership of Aratus the Strategos, 235BC- Under the leadership of Aratus of Sicyon the Achaean League strove to liberate other city states from tyranny and despotism and incorporate them into their democratic confederation of city-states. Can you follow in Aratus' footsteps and liberate Corinth and Megara while warding off Aetolian and Macedonian interference and Roman political intrigues? Do you dare to dream of uniting all of Greece under one banner?

"Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

I would definitely like to see peloponesian war.
    I'll pick the thougher-than-nails Spartans.

And also the Persian Campaign: Play as Greeks to defend against Xerxes or Darius.

Or Cyrus.
    I forgot which falls where.
    Does anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Longshanks @ Feb. 12 2003,07:41)]Caesar's Gallic campaign would be a good one. He hammered the Gauls and the Germans on that campaign, as well as leading a punitive expedition against the Britons.
    Yes, I'd like to see this too.
    e tu Brute

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JANOSIK007 @ Feb. 19 2003,22:09)]Or Cyrus.
    I forgot which falls where.
    Does anybody know?
    Cyrus 'the Great' was responsible for the creation of the Persian Empire and most of its expansion from Pakistan to Egypt to the Anatolian coast.

Darius was the emperor offended by the Athenian support for Ionian revolts, and it was his army that was smashed at Marathon.

Xerxes was his son and successor, who was the aggressor in the major invasion.
    "You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you."
    --Leon Trotsky

I will embarass the Romans once more with the infamous "Parthian shot" while defending the steppes of Parthia
    The Oner Order of Ommisions. http://oooo.freewebspace.com/

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Although a bit later, I would like to see Atilla the Hun uniting all the Huns and then attacking into Roman lands.

Nice to see if he could actually take Rome, and also to defend rome against his invasion.

******************************************************************************************

The Punic Wars would be good also. All three if possible.(There were 3 right?)

******************************************************************************************

The Fall of Constantinople. Finally crush the Eastern Empire, or defend it and help it live on through the ages. What would have happened if Constantinople was not conquered? Would the Ottomans have ever had an empire?

Persian Campaign, Peloponnesian War, Pyrrus' campaigns against the Romans, and so on and so on.

There are loads of possibilities and all of them would show a great sense of depth to round of a great game.

Senior Member Senior Member Longshanks's Avatar

Some what-if campaigns would be cool too. For example, Julius Caesar invades Parthia.

Julius Caesar was planning on personally leading an invasion of Parthia.(He would be maxed out on stars in game) Luckily for Parthia it never happened, as Caesar was assassinated by political enemies in Rome. If Caesar survives the assassination attempt, the invasion would have happened.

It would be interesting to play out that scenario, from either side.

I would like to see The rise of Persian empire, Persia vs Greece, Peloponessian wars, Roman - Macedonian wars, Roman-Parthian wars, Punic wars, Ceasar's invasion in Gaul, Ceasar's invasion in Britain, Wars of Egypt, the conquest of the world by Alex the Macedonian.
    And also some tough campaigns like "you have to build The Wonder faster than anybody else", or "Senate orders you to capture this famous enemy general/king/leader". And I want to have interactive script scenarios inside the campaign. E.g. you play romans, greek emissary arrives in Rome and begs you to punish those greedy persians/egyptians/pirates/whoever. You are asked to conquer a province or to help your allies in war actions. And you can ask for help too - that would be great

I agree Sainika, those ideas are pretty cool. I like the idea of, being requested by your Allies to do certain things. I also hope you Allies help you out more, because in MTW all having an Alliance does is occasionally getting married and preventing you from getting more land. I hope you can request resources from your allies, and they will send an army to help you if you are attacked, I've only ever seen this with a neutral nation and against me.

HELL YEAH