Thread: morale issue my a$$

Its quite funny, i was playing against tera in the old game, and i noticed rather quickly the difference between the morale in the first compared with the mongol invasion. Some say that the hightened morale nulls certain strategies, but I what strategies are those? like Kaikan said to me, you guys are only mad because you cant run a single cav unit around the enemy's back and route the army! My men ran away at 45 or 50 men in a unit in the old game! My muskets (h2) start running when firing at an enemy that is marching a distance in front of them and going the opposite way! If you think that the lack of pansy troops makes the ex pack less realistic, then just look at the original! oh, there's realism for you...
    The claustrophobic mime in an imaginary box is a master of the microwave.

The last thing we need is another thread on this issue where people aren't thinking with their heads or doing specific scientific-style research and coming up with complete and fully grounded arguments.. and that is all I'm going to say.

------------------
    Khan7

well said khan

Senior Member Senior Member Zen Blade's Avatar

The only reason why I respond here is b/c the thread was at the top...

The morale tactic is a very viable one...
    If you don't know about it mate, I'm not going to give you details... BUT it involves more than just running cav. behind your enemy.

AND... with morale becoming less important... it means that certain tactics are no longer very useful. For example... fighting 2v1 early in a battle in hopes of quickly routing a unit or turning a side becomes tougher.

-Zen Blade

------------------
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member
    Zen Blade Asai
    Red Devil
    Last of the RSG
    Clan Tenki Council-Unity, Retired
    SHS Core Member, Retired
    Derelict from an older age.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I think the x-pack was primarially to mop up and refine some of the concepts in SP. Unfortunately, those refinements may have had the opposite effect in MP. Oh well. I say that because I don't play MP...though I send my sympathies humbly...
    Silence is beautiful

Running, you are correct, almost all of the MP issues are non-issues in SP. The only three real bugs I see in SP are the reinforcements, Owari AI attack and rout bug.

Well technically, the reinforcement bug is actually a feature that is prone to worse exploiting than the old way.

some people will never understand the old gamemechanics or would ever put some time into reading about ancient warfare.... we are returning to the old C7C games

sigh
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

The way i understand it, folks were complaining before that the original game allowed for your troops to rout too easily.

They say now that the adjustment has been made too far the other way (although i don't see as drastic a difference between the old and new ways as some other people here)...

I think maybe we should still wait until everyone actually gets the x-pack... Also, let me just point out that this esteemed person was just posting about his own personal experience (although it wasn't done as tactfully as one would have hoped).

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

[This message has been edited by Lord Aeon (edited 08-22-2001).]
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

tact; HA, who needs it? ;P
    The claustrophobic mime in an imaginary box is a master of the microwave.