Thread: Multiplayer Campaign Killed

"the much-anticipated Multiplayer Campaign is probably no more than a dream."

I was waiting for that! All the other strategy games I played had multiplayer campaigns! Is it that difficult to create a simple LAN campaign?

And will we ever be able to play Multi. Campaign in Crusader?

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Just ask the community members that tried to make their own MP strategy campaign. There are a lot of issues with it. I have my own ideas as to how it can be implemented -- and I think it would work out very well indeed. But alas, it is not feasible with the free hosting possibilities out there. And unless somebody has their own web space that they are paying for, there is really nothing that can be done. My 'version' would require ASP and SQL Server. But that is just my version. And it would work wonderfully well. But you cannot do this on Tripod, Webprovider, or any of the other free hosting sites... those wretched sons-of-pig-dogs... they should be burned at the stake! And I'll be damned if I pay an arm and a leg for hosting a web site to offer a free MP campaign that I know nobody will appreciate.

Ahh... the power of cheese!

But if anyone is interested in my old ideas, I have them archived somewhere...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

I think we knew this before the x-pack was even released (Target came and TOLD us). Why is everyone suddenly so surprised?

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Not surprised, just trying as hard as possible to think optimistically.

------------------
    "Ever sift sand through a screen?"
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa