Thread: Naughty but Ninja- do you use them?

I am trying to get Ninja to work for me but I'm having problems. I don't seem to be able to get them beyond level three. I have followed the advice of contributors and this is what I do:

Start them off assassinating emissaries, then move onto ronin level 0 generals. I then target clan level 0 generals. I have managed to assassinate one level one general. beyond that I'm having no success at all. I understand that a 50% or below chance the ninja will fail. I try to go for odds of around 76% or above but the targets get fewer and fewer and I find myself targeting level 0 generals, which is tactically a waste of time, which usually end up being 50% successful.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can improve my level 2/3 Ninjas and start getting successful results on the real targets, namely the higher level generals, heirs and Diamyo? I have even in frustration tried to hit these but usually it is a 34% chance or below even with a level 3 ninja, which if attempted, is a 100% failure! It takes time to get a ninja up to level 3 and I don't want to waste them on pointless assassination attempts. I usually end up keeping them to protect by my Diamyo but Shinobi should be up to the task and they are cheaper!

I don't want to use Geisha because as contributors have rightly pointed out they don't really test your skills if they don't fail.
    I would however, like to be in with a fighting chance!

Any advice would be helpful.

Mudgesan,

Diamyo, Sans of Bitchu Clan.

An uncertain, wavering...

Mudge.

High honour ninja are usually more effective than Geisha, which start out at Honour 0 and you only get them later in the game.

Try building Ninja in Iga, they start out with Honour 1. Infamous Ninja houses also start them out more buff.

As for getting them beyond 2/3, well it's really hit and miss - but what I usually do is keep them in action EVERY turn, even if it's simply killing level 0 generals. Kill enough of those and he'll go up in level - it's a case of having lots and lots of practice
    One day, maybe ...

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Mudge are you playing STW or MI?In MI the ninja are much more effective.

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I'm on STW.

Mudgesan.
    An uncertain, wavering...

Mudge.

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Ninja have always been a thing I play with sometimes. Often I find they are a waste of koku. Of course, you can always get lucky and kill a general that really matters. It's a risk you need to decide to take or leave.

------------------
    "Ever sift sand through a screen?"
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa