Thread: Do not play ******* ******

if you have the mongol invasion ex pack, then you have probably seen him in the online lobby boasting a high honour of around 150. well i certainly advise you not to play this person in a game he hosts. normally, he hosts 99999 koku games and plays as a mongol defender, which is not cheating, but is nearly impossible to defeat him in. But just today, he hosted a Sengoku game with 10k, and me being the ignorant person that i am, thought he was actually trying to play a real game. so, i joined up, got a good army, and saw him set up quickly so i knew he was going to rush me. well, he did, and it was with naginata cavalry. i quickly killed 15 of his units, and then he ran his general around until the time limit expired (i think it was 10 minutes, maybe 5)I found this very dishonourable and advise you to steer clear of the players games.
    The claustrophobic mime in an imaginary box is a master of the microwave.

As you yourself pointed out, this kind of behavior is directly comparable to cheating in the MP game, and the rules very clearly and expressly state that posting names in such cases is not allowed. The purpose of this is to avoid fruitless controversy and flame wars - if you want to defame someone, do it somewhere else. The rule, like all the others, exists for the general enjoyability of the forum. And we've been through this many many times.

Under normal circumstances I would ask Atlus-san to edit his post to remove the name, but since only admins can edit thread headers, I did it instead. (For once the service works quickly. )
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

i need to figure out some way to code in the guys name into my next message... perhaps morse code....

dot-dot-dot-dash dot-dash-dot.....

p.s. to save you the trouble, that means absolutely nothing.
    The claustrophobic mime in an imaginary box is a master of the microwave.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Thats funny... I was online the other day and I saw some fella there with 155 honor. I thought it quite odd, as there was only like 16 people in the foyer! I mean: where can he find so many games to play?!? I have trouble finding games because either everybody is in a game or, should I try to host even a friendly, nobody joins! So, for me to see somebody with 155 honor was a shocker, indeed.

Thanks for the warning, noble side-dish!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

i have come to the fact that i don't play any1 playing with more than 6k! i find ppl playing higher (not 7k. . .maybe 20k and up) tend to be dishonoirable or newbies. . thnx for warning of this dishonarable player!

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

of course the quicker way to type morse would be

--. . -. - .-.. . -- . -. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / -. --- / -. .- -- . ... .-.-.- / ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. ... - --- .--. .-.-.- / . ...- . .-. .-.-.-

you get the picture

Incidentally that does mean something, it says 'Gentlemen please,no names. Fullstop. Ever'

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Quote Originally posted by [Won-Ton] Atlus:
    i need to figure out some way to code in the guys name into my next message... perhaps morse code....

dot-dot-dot-dash dot-dash-dot.....

p.s. to save you the trouble, that means absolutely nothing.
    [/QUOTE]

HOW DARE YOU!!!
    means nothing indeed
    ive never been so insulted in all my life
    imagine using morse to call me a 3legged camel jumping, sausage jockey...

lol that funny! hehe

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944