Thread: Allied partner gets the province?????

Hi,
    I was playing the new SP game as Takeda from 1530 when I had a problem. I was allied with Uesugi and attacked Echigo (the river province) which was held by the rebels. Uesugi came to help me. Which was nice, but when I had beaten the rebels the AI gave the province to Uesugi!

What gives? Since I initiated the attack and he was my ally how could the computer give the damned province to my ally?

Thoughts, help???

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

That never happened to me before...was his army larger than yours? In all my allied invasions my army has always been twice as large as my ally. Just a suggestion...not quite sure...
    Silence is beautiful

Yeah,
    I was larger to start and I was definitely larger at the end. Nothing like letting your ally run across the bridge first. We must be well mannered musn't we? "After you, no I insist - after you."

I've never seen this before. Maybe it had to do with which ally produced the most enemy casualties, or which ally took the head of the enemy general (assuming he did in fact bite it). Dunno what to tell ya...

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Would be an interesting issue to hammer out the specifics of, especially if there will even be a multiplayer campaign (hope hope HOPE PLEEEEEEeease :-) ).

------------------
    Khan7

There should not be any issues to worry about. If you initiate the battle you get the territory in SP.

As far as on-line - well that is what I call hopeful but, it does raise some issues though. If you go for the one with the most kills or the one with the largest number left; who is going to be silly enough to go across a bridge first? Both armies would just sit there watching each other.

That does give you an idea of some of the difficulties involved with this type of game. My head is beginning to hurt. Time to go back to work

but the AI clans always do their moves after you so you'll always appear to initiate battles...

...tis only fair that the AI would sometimes take the territory! Otherwise you'd never appear to be helping your allies!!

although how the computer decides which of the allied clans takes the territory is a different matter altogethera and one that needs to be understood?!
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

MAYBE HE PLACED A tee HOUSE IN THE PROVINCE AND MAKE BETTER BUSINESS AS U WITHA NEW GEISHA HOUSE JEJEJEJEJEJE

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it

It's happened to me twice - I found it very annoying. Not a bug though, what happened was he had more troops than you at the start and the game assumes that the one with most troops is the "attacker".

On both times it happened to me, the AI sent more troops than I did even though I initiated the attack, and got awarded the province. After that, I simply retreated from any battle where I didn't have initial numerical superiority (where I had allies that is), and problem has not recurred.

------------------
    One day, maybe ...
    One day, maybe ...

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

It's happened to me on occassion too,but not in the MI yet.There is a greater occurrance of allied battles in MI than was in the original STW.The best,in my opinion,is when two AI clans teamed up to attack me.I had this happen season after season for 2 years in a Mori campaign(expert level).I was defending Harima against Oda and Shimazu.The great part was they didn't employ the same tactics twice,so I had to keep on my toes.They almost suckered me into a trap by getting me to chase the one while flanking me with the other's cavalry.It almost worked too!

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Quote Originally posted by DoCToR:
    but the AI clans always do their moves after you so you'll always appear to initiate battles...
    [/QUOTE]

Hummmmmmmm

Once I attacked a ronin province and Oda wanted that piece too.

How come that after the ronin withdrew, and matters need to be settled between me and Oda, Oda got to be the DEFENDER? Shouldn't I be there first?

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

they VISUALLY appear to be moving their armies after you have moved...although technically they could be moving before you, but it just gets showed that they are moving afterwards!!

you see, maybe Oda attacked and forced the Ronin to retreat first, then you moved into Oda's newly claimed land!?

DOC
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

Thanks all,
    I think I will take Loh's advice and if it looks like they have the bigger army at the beginning I will abort the attack.