Thread: Maps?

In MI can u use the old maps such as green etc in X-pack.i just want to know if i can upload the last patch 115?into X-pack.... Or can it only be used in STW?

------------------
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

I know you can use maps such as green, I don't know about the patch though.

------------------
    Honour to Clan Shades!
    Honour to Clan Shades!

Ive put the WLE green map in just wondering if u can do that with the old STW

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

yes, stw maps work in xpack. xpack maps dont work in stw...at least the larger ones dont.

dont know about the map packs...those arent patches, btw, they are map packs. they dont 'patch' anything.

DO NOT OVERWRITE MAP NAMES IN XPACK WITH STW MAPS! a LOT of the original maps to stw were updated for the expansion. that means if you copy Aki.jjm to the xpack from stw you wont have the same map as other xpack users. it's no longer the same file, just the same name. it mostly looks the same, but some are now updated (all?) and that means it is no longer the same exact file that others have in their xpack.

the easiest way i know of to be sure you get all of your custom maps from stw into the xpack is to go into stw battle\maps and highlight all the .jjm files and .tga files at once. right click to get your windows menu and hit 'copy'. go to the xpack battle\maps dir and right click to get the windows menu again and click 'paste'. windows will then ask you, when it finds a same-name file, if you want to keep the old one or overwrite it with the one that yer copying. hit NO to every one of these and that will ensure that none of the new xpack files get overwritten with stw files. all others will simply copy into your directory normally.

so, that means that you cant play the old Aki map in xpack games, at least in multiplayer. instead you will be playing on the new Aki map. ok, you can play them, you'll just have to rename them to something else. myself, i didnt bother with this last step. i just play the new Aki.

K.

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

Cheers,is this worth doing as i know alot of new maps will be made over the next few months...?