Thread: SUPPORT FOR MI FEATURES (5 TOPICS)

If you want to make a case FOR MI's morale system then describe; the Koku used, the army's order-of-battle, the honor and strength of routing units, the number of negative morale factors on those units, and any other analysis you can provide to support your opinion.

If you want to make a case FOR the current routing unit behavior, just explain why you think it's more logical than having routing units, FIRST move away from the enemy, and THEN toward their mapedge, or why you think it's more enjoyable.

If you want to make a case FOR the current reinforcement approach, entering them randomly, you only need reply.

If you want to make a case FOR keeping people who have STW and MI on two different servers, just give any reasons you have.

If you want to make a case FOR keeping the current unit statistic changes, just state why. YS have armor reduced by 1 pt., SA have defense reduced by 1 pt., and ND have melee increased by 1 pt.

If you want to make a case FOR keeping Mongols from fighting Mongols, or having all Mongol and Japanese units use the same colors in that time period, just speak your mind.

[This message has been edited by TakeshidaSo (edited 08-24-2001).]

Everyone who has the right, or opportunity to vote, doesnt always understand what he's voting for. Every election allows a period of campaigning, so that the most logical policies, and most believable people are given a chance to win over the masses. A vote, without supporting reason and fair debate, is a mindless vote. Obviously, some
    people want to continue with the discussion, so it is too early to vote. Therefore, I abstain.

Hach

The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

Thats exactly why your attempt to hold an "election" is wrong. Of course, thats my opinion, because you quoted my comments to your thread exactly. Its also wrong if you mean to use my own words to say "isnt it ironic" to my opening this thread. My questions were on 5, then 6 topics, and asked for people to provide their opinions. You must think opinions aren't needed, and that only the brute force of numbers are required to accomplish the task of responding to the developers request for feedback. Or maybe you didnt realize that there might be other options (candidates)that you hadnt considered? If you noticed my subsequent post to your thread, where I again used my own words, I pointed out the problems elections can encounter. You'll find that they have, almost all, now been encountered.

Nothing against you or your views

I was just having a little joke.

But i will certainly advise the developers on what the results have been of the vote and ask if they wish another one to be posted with differing or more specific questions.

You are correct though in that people are adding their own conditions onto the proposed changes and have not played the game long enough to make an informed and accurate vote.
    These votes are just 1st time'and i have no doubts more will follow with much more specific changes/non changes as in the little comments made on the vote threads.
    As Richie stated the Euro's will have to play this for a while too before anything is patched and it will probably a few weeks when i organise final votes on Morale and Reinforcement.

I have yet to play the game and may love as is'but i will abide by the majority vote wether i feel good or bad about it.

Hach

------------------

Not trying to interfere, but just one perspective - patching stuff isn't so much about what *could* be patched as what *needs* to be patched, at least with this game. So, the question shouldn't be "why not patch this?", but "why should we patch this?", or indeed "can we live on without patching this?" I feel that to be comprehensive, we need to determine what new facets a Mongol vs. Mongol MP mode would bring into the game, how would it add value, interest and replayability, why it's worth screaming about, etc. etc. etc.

------------------
    "Sincere diplomacy is no more possible than dry water or wooden iron."
    - Josef Stalin
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Well, thank you very much, you've certainly cleared everything up nicely.