Thread: 3rd Battle Nobunaga Campaign

I don't get it. I've survived the cavalry charges and cleared the map of the enemy and yet the mission won't end. What am I missing?

You're probably missing survivors sitting concealed in the big forest area.

------------------
    Koga no Goshi

"Hokusai"
    Now as a spirit
    I shall roam
    the summer fields.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

I guess I have to do a search more carefully. I noticed that units fight almost to the death in the Warlord Edition / Mongol Invasion. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by jomni (edited 08-26-2001).]

I had the same problem. I sent some men to the opposite side of the map to find any enemy survivors (the position where they run away from the map). I couldn't see any enemy units. But I saw one enemy flag on the horizon. I selected one of my units and then click on that flag, telling my unit to attack that enemy unit. To my surprise, my unit didn't go towards the flag (which was like at the edge of the map). Instead, it turned around and went back to the woods, where eventually I found one last enemy soldier somehow being stuck in the woods. I guess this might be a minor bug.

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Yes this type of bug seems to happen on maps with a bridge also. AI Reinforcements sprites get stuck in the water. Poor Sprites!
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

Heck guys, any of you wanna give me some advice how to survive the cav onslaught? I have tried a number of things and cannot seem to hold the initial charge back. Input sure would be appreciatied. The first 2 battles were no problem, this third one has me scratching my head!
    Thanx

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

Ho yeah! I loved this 3rd battle. One tough SOB of a battle! Did you put your gunmen on hold formation? Just to ensure they stay and fire.

Yup, I string em out in 2 ranks for maximum devastation. I also try and put 2 lines of them, one unit above another so that I get 2x the firepower - but the cav just charges in and while my guys are set to hold, they sit there reloading and getting hammered.
    I have tried setting up 3 deep as well with no joy also - the only thing I havent tried is sending me spears out to hold the cav while my guns shoot em - but I am really concerned about friendly fire if I do this.

What am I missing?

------------------
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "A mind is a terrible thing to taste."
    BSM_Skkzarg
    "ARG when I'm Happy, ARG when I'm Sad, ARG when I'm good or bad. ARG!"
    "ARG to port! ARG to starboard! Arg from stem to stern! ARG!"

I put the gunners in "hold position" & "hold formation" so they won't retreat but keep firing. I did bring out the YC, YS, YA and Nags out to flank the Takeda as they attacked the right side of my line. My YC was completely destoyed but I think it bought time for the gunners to do their work and for the other infantry to hit the flanks. The carnage was unbelievable.

I checked the log file for this battle and I was surprised at how "few" casualties were inflicted by the guns. Gun kills ranged from 23-145 averaging about 80 kills - which is pretty good. However, 2 of my YAs had 305 and 279 kills. The deceiving part is that the gun kills were spread out evenly over the whole unit (1-2 kills each), while the YAs had individual men with 10-12 kills.

------------------
    Gregoshi
    A Member of Clan Doragon
    This space intentionally left blank

hmm...spear saints then
    Have you seen the fnords?

I just whacked all my spearmen and everyone straight down the middle, gunmen three deep more or less where they started. The only tactical choice I felt I made was sending the Nodachi against his Ashigaru.

Won it first time, I suspect I was very lucky.