Thread: Standard Modification to Fix Morale

Alright, it's time to get those who want to return morale to a more reasonable level together and work on a standard modication for the troopstats.txt file. Puzz3d has done some excellent preliminary work which you can look at here http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001975.html

Basically the way this would work is we get together a commitee that would do tests and work out how the troopstats file should be modified, and then a copy of the new file/description of modifications would be distributed to any and all wishing to use it. This way any of these people could play eachother online.

If a "grognard", as I will from now on refer to them, is having trouble getting a match or wants to play an SP campaign, all he need do is change out his modified troopstats file with the standard one.

In this way, grognards can get their way, without forcing others to follow them and without waiting for CA to move its lazy/overworked (probably more lazy) butt to do something about it. We at this time have no idea how long it will take them, if they ever do it, so I would suggest that this is the best course of action, and is a relatively quick, easy, and clean solution, if not as good as a patch providing in-game options which may never come.

So, let's get to work! I'm sure some vet will come in here and assume leadership in this effort, but my e-mail is gengiskan0@cs.com and my ICQ is 57947664 anyway.

Admins: the scope and importance of this discussion warrant that it not be moved to one of the scantly-trafficked special-topic forums. Please let it be :-)

------------------
    Khan7

grrr.. bump

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Khan you know the deal, I'm not keeping everything you post here open purely because you aslk for it. Editing and Mods is

a) getting more traffic than normal

b) populated by people who are morelikely to be able to help with this sort of thing

c)not so busy that you have to bump to keep stuff visible.

d) where this belongs. You post in GD and it doesn't get replied to. QED

So if anybody wants to reply to this go HERE

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra