Thread: Target, question for you about MP campaign.

Target,
    Do you guys plan to release MP campaign patch in the near future? It was the selling point for XP indeed.

errr....dunno. This is a management call which would be based on the time it would take to make it worthwhile and ( because they're trying to run a business ) the amount of money it would cost. The dev team is doing other stuff at the moment and while a patch will probably be done to fix all the bugs we missed and you lot will find, I don't know if the Multiplayer Campaign would be included on the list. Sorry I can't give you a definate yes/no answer on that one.
    "i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up."
    MagyarKhans Cham

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Here come the flames.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon

I am no hero I just like to hit people in the head. :p
    DP is correct - Shiro

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Bump this one also
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

We just have to settle for Maltz idea for now hehehe..
    --RADAN--
    (The SAMURAI HERO Ashigaru)
    A member of CLAN..what no CLAN??

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Oh Radan I feel flattered - but we should also mention the great MP clan campaign up and running now.

A realistic MP campaign will be much more dynamic and playable. You have to worry about what is left after a battle. No more monk rush or musket 100% appearance rate...

hmm this news is not good first they say mplayer campaign ILL be released after exp pack now they not sure??? 1 off battles arent enough for a game of so much online potential, dont they realise that without mods etc the game has limited online community growth, the multiplayer campaign would be a way to increase this rather small online community and get them hooked on the series, imo shogun totalwar with multiplayer campaign would be THE undisputed best game on the pc for stragegy lovers, sending your ninja to assasinate your frinds best general, launching decoy attack etc etc it would be fantastic!!

ps:I feel that the lack of a multi player campaign is the only thing stopping this game being a giant in the online community

Swoooooooooooooooooooshooooooooooowl

Swoosh of grey wolves

Btw if anyone is interested my khan magyarkhan is running an online campaign and i belive there will be continual need for ronins and perhaps other clans in the future, if u would be interested check out www.campaign.club.tip.nl

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Ah so sorry, I forgot Magyar Khan's online campaign
    --RADAN--
    (The SAMURAI HERO Ashigaru)
    A member of CLAN..what no CLAN??

We were told MP campaign would be in the box.
    Then we're told it'll be a patch later.
    Now we're told it might not be in the list of things patched at all.

Why not just give US... This community of devoted fans a definitive answer, yeah, neah...whatever.

I just want to love this game as much as I was promised I would. I would have paid the upgrade price just for the MP campaign option in STW. But I don't think I'll pay for more broken promises in "Crusader Total War".

I really want to LOVE this game.

Swoosh, it wouldn't be politically correct for Target to say nay on the MP campaign before it's released in Europe but it's an obvious no.
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

Actually richie said they are still working on it, just dont know how much time EA will give them.

------------------

"DP is correct" - Shiro
    DP is correct - Shiro

Quote Originally posted by Dark Phoenix:
    Actually richie said they are still working on it, just dont know how much time EA will give them.

[/QUOTE]

Gah, it would be nice if they could do what Blizzard did right at the beginning. Tell EA to bugger off and it will be ready when it is ready. Now Blizzard has that rep and can stand by it, everyone whines when Blizzard delays, but with the aside that they will have the advertised product on release. Unfortunately, everyone else in the business delays and then releases software missing the promised features.

IMHO, MP campaigns would make STW a bigger online player, not necessarily on EA's server (where they can use the stats for pissing matchs with other publishers) but over the Internet in general.

As I've said before, I feel that they're suffering, but they're too slick just to come out and say it so we'll get off their backs.. or it could be that they're just coldhearted and too slick to make it solid fact by telling the truth.. who knows.. anyway, I feel that SOMEONE will get an MP campaign going eventually, even if its not CA.

------------------
    Khan7

IF they tell them were to go they will be out of business pretty much. They have only done a rugby game besides Shogun and MI. It takes a lot of games to be able to be in a position and you cant be innovative really but you can be like Blizzard and just do the normal stuff. look at Looking Glass and were they are now.

------------------

"DP is correct" - Shiro
    DP is correct - Shiro

Much as I like Blizzard's history of player support, they've let fans down with D2. There were several things (Guild halls and Arena) that were supposed to be in it that weren't. At the time of the original release they said that they would do those for the expansion and then didn't.
    I think the problems we're experiencing with Stw and the MP campaign are just a typical sign of the industry.
    Companies have no reason to follow through on promises since players buy their games regardless of how many promises have been broken.

True MOST people will buy the games anyway... Even if they don't deliver the game they advertised... (No MP campaign)

So I for one am returning two unopened copies of MI right back to Electronic Arts. I purchased them for two of my friends and we had great hopes of LAN parties and the like. So intell there is a MP campaign EA can have my disapointment.

I won't be buying "Crusaider, Total War" if this currant issue is not resolved. It was advertised. It was not delivered... False advertisng? You couldn't sell a 2-wheel drive car "Advertised" as a 4-wheel drive and get away with it.

I REALLY want to be happy playing this game with my friends... AS ADVERTISED.

Tsunobushi, yes, they canned those features and came out months in advance and stated that although they would like to include them, the features would not be there.