Thread: Muskets kill the jap vs jap game

now the mongols are way too strong most players only play jap vs jap, but in that the silliest thing is why muskets can shoot thru hills, and in the heaviest of rain?

that is a bargain for 175 koku.

so why is this be changed to the worse? i didnt asked for that. who did?

quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

yep. . i was very very surprised when in heavy rain my guns started to fire. . . . it is very silly there is now no point in having weather. . .it only causes lag now!! that the only purpose it does! very silly. . plus coz of new morale guns last till last man even honour 0 and they r much to good they r far too effective!

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

its mad - thinderbombers don't work in rain, but now even arquebusiers work in rain...

and Musket LOS rules should still apply, just 'stupid' that they don't
    Have you seen the fnords?

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

I was led to believe that the rate of fire with gunpowder weapons was much reduced in bad weather?

------------------
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

Take it from me-- arquebuses don't work worth period in any rain or any but the lightest snow-- same as original. Muskets work in rain-- BARELY. You are almost better off just charging your enemy's muskets with your muskets.

Well, I dunno about the LOS issues, will have to check those out, but it does sadden me somewhat to see such a respected member of the community come in here without really thinking stuff through good. This is looking to possibly be another one of the much ado about nothing threads.

------------------
    Khan7

ahem - I've used Arquebusiers in the rain (admittedly it was light rain)...

no...wait - in your insolent arrogance here Kahn, you may have stubled on something, when my Arquebusiers were working in the rain I had them 'modded' with exactly the same figures as Musketeers - I assumed their weakness to weather was 'hard coded' but as you protest that Arquebusiers 'don't' work in rain which I would tend to believe then it leads us to an obvious conclusion - we can change musket/arquebuseir effectivness in rain/snow...only question is how.

Thanks for your arrogance Kahn, you've found something...

Thanks for my Ignorance, I had discovered it without knowing...
    Have you seen the fnords?

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Hmmm... seems like the wet gunny wedgie army of doom has a new toy now! That will elevate them from 'invincible' to 'omnipotent' for sure!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Blog Entries

well, how i love the MI......
    this is impressiv, all this superman-units....

like holywood....

koc

Quote Originally posted by Kocmoc:
    ...like holywood....[/QUOTE]

He he... that is why I enlisted Hannibal Lecter as a Taisho in my legions! I'm hoping he leads my armies to a veritable 'feeding frenzy' of victories! But I know he needs support, so I'm enlisting Bronson Pinchot and Dolph Lundgren as well...

[The enemy army stands before the cunning generals bearing the standards of the Headless Horseman.]
    [Hannibal to enemy Taisho]: Tell me, will a thorough beating today stop that horrible screaming of your rice-paddie workers?
    [Enemy Taisho]: I want me some koku, suka!
    [Bronson Pinchot]: Oh! Get outta heere...!
    [Enemy Taisho]: [Looks at Bronson Pinchot and frowns] I will take this here sword and...
    [Bronson Pinchot]: That is nothing! Check out my weepon! [Draws dagger...]
    [Enemy Taisho]: You show me no respect!
    [Hannibal]: I bring my own food... want to try? [Hands sample of cooked flesh to enemy Taisho] I just can't stand battlefield food...
    [Enemy Taisho]: Hmm! This is good! Gimme some more, suka!
    [Dolph]: [Gives enemy Taisho a menacing stare]
    [Bronson Pinchot]: Ugh! I can't believe you eat the flesh of other animals! You know they used to be living beings...?
    [Hannibal]: Who said this is a cooked animal?
    [Dolph]: [Stares silently at enemy Taisho]
    [Enemy Taisho]: Gimme some more, and I go in peace.
    [Dolph]: Wrong!
    [Enemy Taisho]: Huh?
    [Dolph]: You come in peace, you'll leave in pieces!
    [Enemy Taisho]: Whaa--
    [Hannibal reaches out and grabs enemy Taisho and bites his tongue off. This instantly demoralizes the enemy army!]
    [Enemy Taisho]: uuaaaaeeeuuuhh!
    [Bronson Pinchot]: Oooohhh! Can I have his weepon?!? Can I? Can I?
    [Dolph]: [Charges alone at the full enemy army. This veritable Army of One sends the enemy rabble fleeing for their worthless lives... like whipped dogs...]
    [Hannibal]: OK now! Collect the dead and bring them to me. I must now make dinner...

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 08-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 08-28-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member qwertyuiop's Avatar

I can see Hannable perfering the POW's, they are more tasteful.

This expansion pack rocks!!! Instead of 3 muskets I now take 6 muskets with me to battle!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally posted by Leon:
    This expansion pack rocks!!! Instead of 3 muskets I now take 6 muskets with me to battle!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [/QUOTE]

i think that is called point proven!

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Quote Originally posted by Leon:
    This expansion pack rocks!!! Instead of 3 muskets I now take 6 muskets with me to battle!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [/QUOTE]

Aye! With legendary armor and weapons!

Of course, what does a legendary weapon REALLY mean for a poor sap carrying the same ole heavy-as-heck arquebus anyway? It is really the little dagger they get that is improved... its made from Toledo steel instead of that from local artisans... Thats all!

I do tend to notice that muskets in the rain take an eternity to fire making them almost useless anyway!

Certainly when compared to archers in the rain and snow...

Arques can't fire in any type of rain...period!
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

Has anybody checked if there's a difference between Custom Battles and SP? (same as morale)