Thread: U think they want to change it?

Blog Entries

hi guys,

what u think they want to change the moral prob?

i played today MI some hours and it is boring!!

i havnt a prob with newbies, we all was newbies but this guys have a great chance to win games even they know a shit of tactic!

this is stupid!

this isnt fun anymore!

the new guys will leave this game soon
    and than we are alone with this "nice patch"
    they will give us....

...but i saw all the newbies voting and its theyr right, they can vote...

and it looks not so good right now, or not??

i hope i wakr up and realize it was only a bad dream...

kocmoc

yep. . .most of us vets hate this new moral and changes like that but the newbies love it as they r winning lots and find it exciting. . .and we r simple gonna be out voted by the newbies! it is not fair coz we r the ones who gonna have to live with it when they go off to play red alert 2 expansion or some other game like that. . .it is very dissapointing

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

No Koc, this is not a dream...

Many new ones will like the new morale (after all the game was made to sell with them...), but I think that if we want to change the morale back to normal, we have to act alone...see what Yuuki is doing...

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

Man, i can't wait until someone irons out a fix for the morale so we can stop all this "newbies love it because they suck, we hate it because we're smarter" garbage.

Yuuki, hurry!

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Me myself agree with the old morale im a crap player and there nothing better than the top players kicking ur ass! y must learn not 2 just charge in like a mad man,some thought and tact must go into it but not always though
    Its about time there was just 1 thread on this as its seems it keeps popping up all the time

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Every player here was once a newbie. Some even profess to be 'professional newbies'! To say then that only newbies love it reveals that, deep down inside, the newbie in you loves it too. To take a line from a traditional organization, you must "improvise, adapt and overcome"... So things are different, change is the sole constant in the world. In time, you will find your own winning strategy within the new arena...

Or the 'this sucks' rants will take over and the gameplaying will cease because you simply gave up and let the new generation (newbies) seize power...

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 08-28-2001).]
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

I hate the game full stop.

Hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

ack - the problem is not there...its imagined...please go to the troop stats file and (-12) to every unit honour...morale is back just as it was before

or maybe you know this already and are complaining about something else and I am merely clueless

please tell me...
    I feel alone...
    Have you seen the fnords?

Whitey,

Yes -12 is what I have come up with also, by looking at what honor each unit type goes to "impetuous" in STW and then WE/MI. For example, in STW a warrior monk (base honor=0 morale=8) goes to "impetuous" at H5, but in WE/MI it's "impetuous" at H0! Another example is yari samurai (base honor=0 morale=2) needs H8 in STW, but only H2 in WE/MI. I tested almost all the Sengoku units, and it's a 12 point morale boost on all of them. With that TroopStats file, you can definitely show that morale = base unit morale + 2x honor + 12 (for WE/MI). All units go "impetuous" at morale = 18 in both games.

What's going on in the WE/MI online game is that people are simple playing with units around honor 8 in a 5000 koku game even though it says honor 2 on the screen. Those who like playing lower can only go down two steps to honor 0 which is like honor 6 in STW which is still very high. In STW you could play high honor or low honor games. In WE/MI you can only play high honor and incredible high honor games.

CA/DT may adjust morale lower in a patch, but in the end, and probably long before they get a patch out, those that want to will be using a custom mod which improves the online gameplay over STW let alone WE/MI. One very nice feature of this online modding capability is that the unit parameters are not loaded until you actually go to the 3D battle screen. This will allow people to decide right before a game what particular mod to use, and then ALT TAB out and run a bat file to load it. All players must be careful to load the same mod to avoid going out of sync.

The degree to which this online modding will be successful is tied to the degree to which people can agree on what they want the gameplay to be like. It's nice to have this capability, but you may have trouble finding players willing to use a mod when you happen to be online, and you'll have to use the default stats that CA/DT has provided. So, it's good to give CA/DT feedback on what we think will improve the game, and the existing gameplay, which many people seem to like, will still be there.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Yeah, I hope something is done too so that you vets don't continue to pigeon hole all newbies into the same bloody lame category. How very kind of you. As a newbie, I love the moral system in STW, it IS the game.

I don't plan on even getting the expansion. I am forced to buy STW with it for 50$, the moral system has been screwed over, and it seems like a complete waste of money. I'll wait until I am less angry at the Hojo Hoard, and give em' another run.

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Well, if newbies winning is the goal of the new morale settings they have achieved what they wanted.

But 'winning' should not be the simple goal for a newbie. As a newbie you have to learn how to become a good player. An we all know you don't do that by easy wins. Therefore the Morale issue has a fair chance of being addressed in the patch, since the developers realise well enough that after the initial easy wins even a newbie will have his doubts, since he will notice his skills don't improve and he will start losing to newer newbies just as easily. And one way or another the good players will find a way to deal with this.

Votes are just what they are. A number of people saying yes or no. What does this number represent though? 50 people reply? 100? That would be less than 10% of the registered users here, and however you view it 10% can never be seen as a majority. So even if the result of the vote is in favour of keeping the new morale settings, I'll bet a sixpack that the developers are more interested in sound arguments either in favour or against the new morale settings.

The fact that the issue is so heavily debated has already convinced them that this is an issue that needs to be looked at. After all, the fact that it gets so much attention from us is a true sign that it must get some attention from them as well.

They read the forums. Not as in 'Hey they voted so that's what they want' but more as in 'here's a serious thread, print it out and let's look at what they're saying'.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Insomniac and tired of it Senior Member Slyspy's Avatar

If morale on the MI server games is a problem why not uninstall and go back to the original STW server? Otherwise put up with it and see what the patch brings, surely. Always assuming the STW server is still up, I haven't tried it in ages.

It concerns me to see vets ranting against newbies in such a fashion.

------------------
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"
    "Put 'em in blue coats, put 'em in red coats, the bastards will run all the same!"

"The English are a strange people....They came here in the morning, looked at the wall, walked over it, killed the garrison and returned to breakfast. What can withstand them?"

:-P

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it