I shove off with the mori clan. Before the starting season even changes, I clean the takeda clan right out of southern Japan. Approx eight turns later, I am building a temple, and monks are on the way, I have also taken over a territory on the ronin islands, and taken over Nagato (or whatever the heck the name of that shimazu clan turf is in my perceived land. I then invade the Oda, and starts slowly pushing and grinding them away. Now, it seams that the computer always throws everything its got at me? The Shimazu were thankfully quite puppies this time. However, the Oda threw everthing, I mean everything. I had to win each fight, with much blood, and had some seriously rank honoured soldiers.

Then comes the Hojo, and blows my plans to pieces.

I have read a number of different strategies, and all seems decent enough, but please, tell me how in the name of hell can I cope wiht 30 000!!!! yes, thats 30 000 troops. Even if I kills 20000, he still grinding me to dust, he still has enough to walk all over me, and produces literally 2000 a turn.

I lost my quality armies very quickly. It only took a couple of seasons. I fought each battle like a pro, or so I though. Well, sure enough, I took seventy casualties, then another one hundred twenty, to six hundred I deal him. But even when I out kill his soldiers, the machine pumps out more soldiers than I can possible kill in one turn.

Pretty fed up. There is very little point in taking a clan from the South, unless you do it by Geisha.