Thread: WHERE IS THE STRATEGY SCHOOL??

Member Member Celtiberos Shimazu's Avatar

In a honor day, Richie told us, that in the MI, it would be news buildings... one of that was the Estrategy School, (but i can´t remember his name in order to increase the rank of the generals. But, where is? I have seen the Tech Tree of MI, and i can´t find it!

Stricken. The only way generals can learn is through experience. I presume the building wouldn't have been balanced - a structure that can give instant +1 honor boosts to all units is a powerful one indeed.
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Didn't you know? Strategy Schools can only be built in the MP campaign.

Seriously, depending on how it worked I don't see a big problem. As long as just gave units there +1 battle to start off with. Now if it was upgradeable to Famous and Legendary with +2/+3 battles or if it adjusted rank at all, there would be a problem. Hmmm, it does seem that I'm getting a high rate of ranked generals among my built units and although I haven't tracked it, they seem to come out of my provinces as they get better developed, perhaps that can be considered an automatic strategy school effect.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

You must be talking about the Drill Dojo. You need to get the 'Black and Decker' event, which requires that you first get the legendary swordsman event (or, as it is referred to in the vernacular, the legendary ginsu event) and then have a samurai that effectively 'drills' the enemy full of holes to a sufficient degree.

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

he he, nice sarcasm Algesan...

You know, I've had troops "born" as experienced generals with generalship ratings of up to 4. They were definitely not heirs, and it is happening quite frequently in my games. Anyone else had this happen? Is it random or can you control it? It seemed only to occur in provinces that had several upgrade buildings.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

the game strives to be historically based. this means that a daimyo like Takeda Shingen who (in real life) had several experienced and worthy generals is represented in the game as having similar generals "born" or created also. make sense?

Soly, thanks for the reply.

Makes sense, but now I want to use that info.

Is there any way to know who's going to get the good generals, when, how many, etc?

For instance, I assume you knew about Takeda from your knowledge of history, but does this mean, for instance, that every time you play as a particular clan, you can assume that over the course of your campaigns the same number and respective ranks of generals will always be produced? The ability to predict this sort of thing would be quite an advantage, and would, at least in my case, affect my troop production strategy.