Thread: Do they burn books also......

Can I ask......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why a rant and rave forum?

I know its hard for some of the slower people not to use 'fowl language' but many do have a valid and constructive point to make.

I seem to remember a threat to remove this forum...well shall we see why....

For new players or people thinking of buying the game ..the first forum they will see is this one....either coming to start their on-line gaming or checking things outs before buying.

Here comes Mr/Mrs MaybeWantToBuy....they see people complaining and they think,,'hmmmmmmmmm dont like the sound of this, maybe i spend my money somewhere else'....so they put up a forum called rants blah blah blah...the person reads this title and thinks 'oh well people moan about most games...and this lot seem to be rather stupid..look at the words they use..fowl...they must be ignorant...why listen to them'.

The forum is removed---loss of chance to tell people what a weak support EA is
    Rants forum----a place to put people who wish to make a statement but havent got the words to make one (so they are considered ignorant).

I am one of the old folk here..not in age but time served...I hear people say they have recommended the game to friends....I have also and at least 5 people have bought it....not many but if we have all done this ..we made more money for them than their marketing has......I wont do it for the add-on.unless I find a person who likes C+C...something without skill ...an arcade game shall we say.

I see people saying refuse to buy the game....send e-mails...send letters....kill everybody......

well we must do something...and there is work being done....a few of us old timers are trying to put together a list of things that could be added in a patch....please support this when its finished.....

I do feel that if we are to do something we could send some letters etc to the games mags....they may love the chance to say a few things about the support and the lies we have been given.....this way it wont (hopefully) just be put aside and will be seen by many...hit them in the wallet.

I got this game on release...and with my first p.c.....i didnt play or buy another game for about a year....but now I feel it could be time for me to wander off......unless they react to the people who put food on their tables and clothes on their kids backs.....us....with the respect and support we should get.

There was a point to this post when I started but I kinda got lost.......thats what 12 months of waiting will do for ya...when you find the thing that you hold in such high esteem is just another way of exploiting the masses....

---------------------------------------------

My Daimyo posted this on the official forum fo STW....it was then moved to off-topic...do u agree this is NOT about Shogun..or are they merely censoring complaints...

-Fury
    "The only certainties in life are that we are born and we die. The rest is just a sea of complexity"

Senior Member Senior Member Rath's Avatar

Sure looks like its about Shogun to me...but maybe thats just me.

Blog Entries

yep,

this MI isnt woth the money!!!
    i bought it and i went back to old stw,
    our clan think about a new game where we can move to, but it will be hard to find such a
    good game.

i realy like this community and i got many friends in shogun, some left already some around, it wasalways a pleasure to play and talk with u guys.

kocmoc

RageMonsta

This was also added by Mags.....have a look and please tell me if this is wrong?

--------------------------------------
    Magyars cham-

yes i agree, my Khan was wondering which games we can move on too. Preatorians and Warrior Kings. any more?
    ---------------------------------------

them removing the thread shows what I said in the original post to be true....now we suffer censorship....oh yes they love it when we use fowl language and talk trash...but the dont like when we make a point.......so they just decide its off topic....will this happen here?

RAGE AGAINST........

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

If your Daimyo got censored at .com that definitely sucks, but I think they are playing hardball over there in an effort to clean things up somewhat + until they establish themselves they probably won't apologise for their actions me thinks...

-If you have legit complaints about the game or the x-pac by all means post them here or at the planettotalwar.com forums; no one will try to censor you here, or at the planet, I'm sure of that.

Other than that all's I can say is that I hate to see the stuff at .com spill over into the dojo; as far as I am concerned what is said at .com, should stay at .com, and be settled at .com, -nuff said.

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

RageMonsta

I unsterstand your point...but I wished to make the readers of the org aware that this type of thing was happening.......sorry for burdening these pages with info from the puppet forum....

If game developers make something even close to STW (original)....I think we may see a mass move to it...which is a shme because of all the work we have done......

BTW...I am the Diamyo....although my little pic doesnt say.....now I understand why you didnt bow

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

I understand your point also, *bows*

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Ok, I am the moderator at the .com forum who moved the thread. I think it's a bit sad that people then come over here and complain. I think it's even sadder that when they complain they don't tell the full story.

The topic started as a normal thread. I have no problems with the first post. The reasons for a Rants forum are self explanatory I think, but ok. But every other post made after the first post was about another game (Warrior Kings). If you turn a thread into another topic and start discussing another game in there then are you surprised it gets sent to Off Topic?

If you make a point then the thread remains. That's why that thread hadn't been moved before. It has been there for a while. Nobody moved it then. ONLY when the discussion turned into another game YOU MADE IT OFF TOPIC and so I SENT IT THERE.

Look, valid points will not be moved or deleted or whatever. If CA ever change the policy to that then I am out of there. I am doing exactly the same moderating over there as I am here. You start a thread about Warrior Kings here and your thread gets moved to Off Topic also. Same as there.

Only over there every single normal moderating action taken gets the third degree by someone. People seem to think it's fun to keep getting on my back about it. Keep it up guys. Nice reward for all the hard work I'm doing.

Okay, to make my point, here's the content of the entire thread. Explain to me why it isn't off-topic:

Quote Comment
    Can I ask......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why a rant and rave forum?

I know its hard for some of the slower people not to use 'fowl language' but many do have a valid and constructive point to make.

I seem to remember a threat to remove this forum...well shall we see why....

For new players or people thinking of buying the game ..the first forum they will see is this one....either coming to start their on-line gaming or checking things outs before buying.

Here comes Mr/Mrs MaybeWantToBuy....they see people complaining and they think,,'hmmmmmmmmm dont like the sound of this, maybe i spend my money somewhere else'....so they put up a forum called rants blah blah blah...the person reads this title and thinks 'oh well people moan about most games...and this lot seem to be rather stupid..look at the words they use..fowl...they must be ignorant...why listen to them'.

The forum is removed---loss of chance to tell people what a weak support EA is
    Rants forum----a place to put people who wish to make a statement but havent got the words to make one (so they are considered ignorant).

I am one of the old folk here..not in age but time served...I hear people say they have recommended the game to friends....I have also and at least 5 people have bought it....not many but if we have all done this ..we made more money for them than their marketing has......I wont do it for the add-on.unless I find a person who likes C+C...something without skill ...an arcade game shall we say.

I see people saying refuse to buy the game....send e-mails...send letters....kill everybody......

well we must do something...and there is work being done....a few of us old timers are trying to put together a list of things that could be added in a patch....please support this when its finished.....

I do feel that if we are to do something we could send some letters etc to the games mags....they may love the chance to say a few things about the support and the lies we have been given.....this way it wont (hopefully) just be put aside and will be seen by many...hit them in the wallet.

I got this game on release...and with my first p.c.....i didnt play or buy another game for about a year....but now I feel it could be time for me to wander off......unless they react to the people who put food on their tables and clothes on their kids backs.....us....with the respect and support we should get.

There was a point to this post when I started but I kinda got lost.......thats what 12 months of waiting will do for ya...when you find the thing that you hold in such high esteem is just another way of exploiting the masses....

Re: Can I ask......
    yes i agree, my Khan was wondering which games we can move on too. Preatorians and Warrior Kings. any more?

So there is more for us Mags.....point in the right direction and I am on my way.....I am sure we could grab a few of the crowd here to come along......warrior kings...hmmm..I must try and find that...

pc.ign.com/previews/15387.html

here you are ....note....battle game play like shogun....but much much more......maybe!

Warrior Kings does look v. good,

If you guys do head in another direction, please keep us at the Kyodaihood informed.

Thanks
    KyodaiFunky

All Honour To The Brothers!

Kyodaihood
    [/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Erado San (edited 08-30-2001).]
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

that went fast into an other direction
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Wonder why Magy mate...

So Eradosan mate...what says it goes off-topic.
    I mean say a post has 15 post in the start¨that is SHOGUN relatived(i seen it happen) and then the 2-4 post in the end are going off-topic...then its moved to Off-topic.....means the start poster and the others before the Off-topic start gets there taughts and views removed to off-topic to... Not fair is it!!
    Get my point

Also my post about how to support games got removed and it was SHOGUN relatived the post it self ...and more and more have had this happend to them when post over there at .com

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

[This message has been edited by EuroSan (edited 08-30-2001).]
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

RageMonsta

And heres me 'running off to complain' and may I add I am not the first.....another one for you Erado....
    -------------------------------------------
    We spoke about another game in relation to shogun...

Lets look at football as an example..or soccer if you like.....

A game that is followed world wide....a game that when developed changed sport.....fantastic.....but did the people who made the game.....make is so good?....no players like Pele...Best....Law....etc...did..

What makes Shogun so great once the developement is finished?.....the players.

I spoke about Shogun....about the players....and also..mentioned a games for the players to maybe also look at...anything I or any other player writes in the forum slightly related to Shogun is not off topic....because we the players are as much a part of STW as the people who make it.....

So in other words Erado.....you are saying unless we write nice items here about the game ....it will be removed?.....my critism was constructive and well mannered...

you moved the thread because it didnt promote the game.......well I am sorry for not having the same opinion as you.......I am off to the Org......I think thats made by the players for the players....unlike this forum.
    ------------------------------------------
    I like anybody else should have the right to an opinion....you on the other hand feel that it should hidden away in another forum.......I came here to make a point to the other players and let them know what type of thing is happening at .com...

If we are talking about eggs.....am I not still talking about eggs if I say they go great with bacon?

If I or anybody else feels there is something to be said about any aspect of Shogun..which inturn means it is related to shogun...then we should be able to write it.......PLEASE NOTE THE NAME OF THE FORUM.....'GENERAL'...does it say at .com...forum for those who wish to praise the game? or talk purely about gameplay?.....no....it says general.......as Jim Royle says Erado....off topic..."my arse".

This is in reply to EuroLord:

Good point. On second thought maybe it would have been better if I had just deleted the posts about the other game. I would then still have been accused of censoring but I think that would have been wiser. Still, we're not talking about

Quote a post has 15 post in the start¨that is SHOGUN relatived(i seen it happen) and then the 2-4 post in the end are going off-topic[/QUOTE]
    but about 1 on-topic post and the rest off-topic.

So, still a normal moderating action as far as I'm concerned.

I am not going to explain for every thread that has been moved or deleted. We've been through all that. I have not knowingly (re)moved anything without a good reason. Nor will I do so in the future. I have admitted that I can make mistakes too. What more do you want?

[This message has been edited by Erado San (edited 08-30-2001).]

Let me try and understand this...

The muliplayer morale problem is the only reason people are saying that MI was a failure? For this one design issue, people are willing to completely abandon the game? Forget lies and other reasons for which you might feel slighted, but the x-pack you're holding in your hand suddenly isn't worth it to you because of this?

I mean, i don't think i want to go so far as to call this "petty", but it's definitely not a reasonable reaction. As time goes on, i suppose i'm discovering that a lot of folks here aren't as... ummm... 'together' as i once thought. Wow.

At least on the C&C/Emperor boards, there are people who still like the games despite the problems. It's not that they like the games because the people are 'dumber' than you or i, but because they like to try and have fun every once in awhile. Oh well.

I guess it's just that i expected a bit more from people here.

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

And this is in reply to RageMonsta:

First: Quote PLEASE NOTE THE NAME OF THE FORUM.....'GENERAL'[/QUOTE]

Again only half of it. The name is STW General Forum. STW stands for... Shogun Total War. Not Warrior Kings.

Second: Quote I spoke about Shogun....about the players....and also..mentioned a games for the players to maybe also look at...anything I or any other player writes in the forum slightly related to Shogun is not off topic....because we the players are as much a part of STW as the people who make it.....

So in other words Erado.....you are saying unless we write nice items here about the game ....it will be removed?.....my critism was constructive and well mannered...[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned above I do not have a problem with the original subject of the thread. That's why I didn't move it before. It was posted a few days ago. If I did not like it I would have moved it then.

Third: Quote So in other words Erado.....you are saying unless we write nice items here about the game ....it will be removed?.....my critism was constructive and well mannered...[/QUOTE]

The thread was not about the game anymore. And no, you dan't always have to write nice things about it. There are enough negative things about it that need to be addressed. I have already sent lots of information about that to the developers and many know I am still doing my best about that.

Besides, in the 'Sword Saint' thread and the 'We are listening' thread there are also enough negative comments. Do these threads get moved? Don't think so.

Ok, I am though explaining here. Think what you will. I have done a lot for the community. Trying to keep the .com forum organized is one of them. If you don't like that, so be it.

I don't agree with the Rants and Raves forum but believe me, .Com forum is a hell on earth. Destructive critisms and many many b.s. And please remember that .Com forum is the official forum and it's under the direct control of C-A, not like the Dojo, which is privately own.

Maybe you are too strict Erado, but the forum viewers don't help the situation in my opinion. Guys, obey the rules of .Com and if you don't like them, just pack up and don't post there.

I have great respect for Erado who believe me, has a much harder life than our moderators here.

Anyway, on behalf of the Org lovers, do not make us create a Rants and Raves forum here.

------------------
    Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre here!
    Evil is within us...

Thanks Tera.

Ok, I'll be doing the next best thing. Maybe that will help.

I have no moderator status to the off-topic forum. Therefore I can't move the thread back. But I'll copy the text of the first post and put it back in the GD Forum. Later tonight I may even answer that post, but I don't know if I can faind the time.

Hope that makes us meet half way here.

Enjoy.

RageMonsta

Thankyou Erado....issue resolved....