Thread: Mongol Invasion completed.

Just completed the Mongol invasion of Japan for the first time.

I have to say it was worryingly easy. I soon realised that my old strategy of only attacking with a 2:1 advantage did not apply with a Mongol army. I actually defeated Hojo's main army of 5,644 men with a Mongol Horde of only 1,465.

Admittedly, the difficulty level was set to Easy guess I'll have to up the anti for the next round.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Go straight up to hard or even expert. On hard I attack 2000 enemy with 700 and don't even get slightly worried.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

yeah it is sort of easy once that beachhead is established. at first i thought it was because the mongol units started off with higher honor, but the japanese always seem to start running in every eventuality - even when they're winning!
    maybe the mongol units are a bit too tough, i dunno.

I found it easy on normal. Playing as the mongols in the full campaign was the first thing I did. The units were interesting, but the Hojo were licked pretty handily.

A key to the easy win, was the tendency of the AI to retreat and lock themselves in their fortress. After that, just wait for them to die. Hundreds at a time, every time.

lol i installed the game. . . went straight to mongol ivasion campain. . put it on normal difficulty. . after 1 and a half hours of playing i had half of japan. . stopped the insanity. . .started it up again. . . put it on expert difficulty. . 5 hours later completed!! easy as that. . nothing could stop me i was like a juggernaught hehe . . yes a bit too easy if i can do it like that on expert. . i can't even complete all clans on expert in old shogun campaign!!!

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Quote A key to the easy win, was the tendency of the AI to retreat and lock themselves in their fortress. After that, just wait for them to die. Hundreds at a time, every time. [/QUOTE]

I couldn't be bothered to wait for them to die. I soon discovered that the Mongol missile troops were ace at reducing castle garrisons to piles of bloody offal.

The MLC seem to have three or four times the number of arrows that Samurai Archers have.
    Thunder bombers have a field day lobbing their grenades over the castle walls into the packed castle defenders and even the Korean skirmishers seem to get terrific results throwing their spears through the castle gate.

On at least two occassions I managed to wipe out the garrision without even needing to launch the Korean Guard into a full scalle assault.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis